Any plans for a new Champions Villains book?

intp

Hi, I was just wondering if there were any plans for a new volume of Champions Villains books.  The three hardcover books are quite good, but I noticed a number of villains from previous editions were not included.  There may well be enough for another volume.  Some examples of villains I would like to see (particularly some of the more powerful ones, but not exclusively), which include the A'asifa Rumlia (Champions Worldwide), Arvad (Lemuria), Dragon (Mystic World), Obelisque (Champions Worldwide), Halfjack, Mister Gemini (Vibora Bay), Oculon, Ripper, Shirak the Destructor (Lemurian), Survalesh (Champions Worldwide), Thoughtcrime (from The Book of the Destroyer), El Tiburon (Champions Worldwide), Valerian Scarlet (Vibora Bay), Viper-X, Vulshoth (Arcane Enemies; or any other Kings of Edom), and various Arcadian, Atlantean, Lemurian, or other foreign villains (from Champions Worldwide) mystic villains, or 'other-worldly' villains from the various other books like Hidden Lands.  There are many others, probably enough for another volume.

I know a book like this is a lot of work, but I think it would sell, particularly as it's been a while since vol. 3.  I contributed to the Kickstarter campaign for vol. 3 print edition (though I also have the pdf) and would also do so for a vol. 4.

Also, a book like Champions Worldwide has some very nice write-ups of heroes.  I have modified a few for the Sixth Edition but it might be nice to have an official 6th Edition volume set in the Champions Universe.

Another possibility would be to include alternative or 'upgraded' versions of existing villains.  For example, I find a few of the villains in the existing three volumes need to be modified for me to make them work, such as Dr. Yin Wu, who is a bit too weak imo as a master villain (oddly, he has 1,200 points on bases and followers, whereas other master villains, like Dr. Destroyer and Isthvatha V'han, get them for free for some reason, with something like "All the bases and followers they need").  Others include PSI (a bit too low-powered for my use).

I also found that bricks seemed somewhat weaker (relatively speaking) than in older editions as opposed to energy projectors and other characters (this may have been deliberate).  Firewing would wipe the floor as written with someone like Gargantua or Grond (even if his fire vulnerability were removed), for example, even though they are listed as delta-level villains (again, this may have been deliberate, but a few tougher bricks who could actually hold their own against some of the higher-end energy projectors would have been interesting).  I personally use my own rough grading power level system, with a range from 1 (lowest) to 7 (highest), with designations like "6-D" for Firewing or "4-D" for Gargantua or Grond (2 represents a typical 'average' villain, 3 a more powerful one, and so forth, with only a few like Dr. Destroyer or Menton being 7, and the particularly weak ones as 1, with most characters one level above winning most, but not necessarily all, fights with those one level below).  Someone like Binder would be 1-B (B reflecting more his leadership of the Ultimates than his actual combat effectiveness).  Other examples include Ankylosaur (3-A), Ape-Plus (2-A), Borealis (5-D), Bromion (4-B), Dark Seraph (5-D), Eclipsar (6-O), Mechanon (7-O, although I still think Destroyer would beat him easily), Mentalla (3-B), Stingray (2-B), Taipan (4-O), Valak (6-O), Vibron (2-A), Zigzag (1-A), and so forth.

Just my personal use, not one I'm suggesting others should use.

Last year High Rock Press had announced a tentative publication schedule on their website which included a "Champions Villains Vol. IV: Organizations," planned for 2018, which would cover/update Champs Universe groups such as VIPER and DEMON, as well as introduce some new orgs. But that page was later taken down, and no further news about another Villains book has appeared since. I suspect any such plans are indefinitely suspended. :(

The closest thing to that we've seen recently is the Forgotten Enemies series: https://www.herogames.com/index.html/store-items/new-product-forgotten-enemies-1-pdfcp-r267/

10 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Last year High Rock Press had announced a tentative publication schedule on their website which included a "Champions Villains Vol. IV: Organizations," planned for 2018, which would cover/update Champs Universe groups such as VIPER and DEMON, as well as introduce some new orgs. But that page was later taken down, and no further news about another Villains book has appeared since. I suspect any such plans are indefinitely suspended. :(

The closest thing to that we've seen recently is the Forgotten Enemies series: https://www.herogames.com/index.html/store-items/new-product-forgotten-enemies-1-pdfcp-r267/

I hadn't heard that; that's exactly the sort of thing I would like to see (although, personally, I would also have a section on independent villains).  Ripper, Oculon, and Viper-X (among others) would at least have a 6th Edition home, and maybe others like the Kings of Edom.

Hopefully, this project (or something like it) isn't quite dead yet.

• 8 months later...