Hermit

Just now, Pattern Ghost said:

I'm cautiously optimistic from that trailer. They seem to have the elements of a decent Aquaman story in there.

The personality they've given Aquaman from the JL movie and such is a little too 'alpha male brah' for some, but I trust there will be some depth (No pun intended) in the scenes were we see the concerns Mera mentions on how he doesn't belong in either world. THAT is very Aquaman in some ways, so it may balance out the gungho take which seems different from the often calmer portrayal he has in comics.

On the other hand, one could argue that an Aquaman who whoops hollers and talks smack is a bit closer to being the OUTRAGEOUS kind of guy folks loved in a certain cartoon.

"I call it Aquaman's rousing song of heroism. What's the matter? You don't look roused"

3 hours ago, Hermit said:

The personality they've given Aquaman from the JL movie and such is a little too 'alpha male brah' for some

I haven't seen it. From the JL and these trailers, he seems a bit surfer dood-ish to me. I liked the dopey version from  Batman: The Brave and the Bold, so we'll see. I generally like Mamoa, so could probably tolerate it.

Could be okay.  He's basically nobody's favorite character and the frat boy bro from Justice League probably didn't help that much.  I do like the way DC sticks closer to the original material than Marvel, who seems afraid to remind people that these are comic book stories.  Manta looked great.  And they're clearly trying to make it more about badass impressive animals of the deep rather than dolphins and octopi.

But boy are they defensive about that talks to fish thing. 

10 hours ago, dmjalund said:

water has air dissolved in it, if you have access to enough water, you could theoretically create an air bubble

If that is what she is doing, essentially separating the water molecules from the dissolved air molecules, that would solve a lot of problems, though the amount of heat generated by that would be pretty intense, right?

Anyway, it has just be screwing with my head, that if you were "displacing" a large cathedral size amount of water at the bottom of the ocean, that volume has to go somewhere, since you can't compress a liquid... so the deeper that is done, more pressure is resisting pushing the water away, requiring a MASSIVE level of TK... and probably setting off a minor tsunami as the wave event generated by the displacement eventually reaches the surface and/or coasts...

I have a thought on the air bubble and more why she made it as opposed to how. Maybe they can easily speak underwater, or at least have a language, but sound carries in water and maybe in JL she needed to say something for just him, and the bubble makes it private. Also, as to the pressure, per recent comics, yes, Mera is that strong a water bender.