2018 Ultimate SUPERDRAFT

Doc Shadow

4 hours ago, Doc Shadow said:

In the 30-pick Ultimate SuperDraft sniping is inevitable.  You need not only a back-up plan, but a back-up of a back-up of a back-up plan.

Oh yes, but I'm still gonna keep folks posted. :) SOmetimes it's fun to see who had what in mind

(Fiction)

"I thought you might find this dry chamber more comfortable for a discussion," Aquaman said. The visiting area for air breathers was rarely used. Atlantis was hardly a tourist destination, but Arthur Curry had insisted it be maintained for guests from the surface. Arthur Curry might be King, but he was also a man of two worlds, and he had learned that shutting out either inevitably lead to trouble.

And closes off a piece of my soul as well , he mused to himself for a moment before turning his attention to his rather legendary guest.

"It is, and I appreciate it," Captain America answered looking about. The chamber was a bit spartan, but it was certainly nice to remove that breathing gear so he could talk "I apologize for not letting you know I was coming."

"It was a bit alarming to my guards," Aquaman smiled, "I trust they were courteousness enough?"

"They had a job to do, and did it. I didn't expect a warm hug," Cap shrugged, "you have well trained men."

"Thank you," Arthur replied, fighting a moment of amusement he felt at the notion of one of the Atlantean Guardsman giving out hugs at the borders, no best never to tell them he even considered it- they'd be mortified. Instead he focused on the situation, "But Captain, what are you doing in Atlantis? Surely this isn't just a social visit."

"No, it's not," Steve  Rogers frowned behind his mask, "it's about President Luthor. A gifted intellect bound to a rather evil mindset. The man's bigotry against all that's alien, different, and most especially beyond his control is... alarming to say the least."

"Captain? Are you..." The King couldn't believe it, "You're not asking for asylum or, expatriating yourself to Atlantis?"

"No, your majesty," It was Steve's turn to hide a bit of a smile at some thought, before sobering intently, "I need your help to take my country back."

Arthur raised a brow, "I hope you're asking me to fund your campaign for the next election, because I can't imagine, despite your dislike of the man, you'd go against the will of your own people to..."

"Arthur," Captain America intruded, "Lex Luthor wasn't lawfully elected." the super-soldier pulled out the sealed folder that had been shielded from the watery depths and handed them over.

Arthur raised a brow and opened it; his eyes widened, "This is... amazing. Have you shown..."

"I've tried," Captain America frowned, "it's not enough to challenge him. The man has half the nation thinking I'm a shape shifting alien. I can get to the truth, but it will take time...and maybe a kingdom sized distraction. I need you to rattle some sabres."

Aquaman frowned, "Lex Luthor has been nothing but adversarial to my kingdom as it is."  He didn't go into the details about the encroachment in the deeper parts of the sea and some odd...pollutants rumored. It had already been brought up before the U.N.

"One of the reasons he won't suspect more," Captain America pointed out, "I have a plan. I have people working for me, but to save my democracy-  I need a king"

The Monarch looked at the Patriot, "The United States is already on a war stance thanks to Magneto. If I rattle a sabre of my own, give them an excuse and a foe they can find, Lex may come after my people before you can say 'Wag the Dog'. You're asking me to risk war when all I've ever fought for is peace between sea and surface."

"I know," Captain America said, "But  Luthor is already in a covert war against mutants, aliens, and superhumanity period. I think your people are already in danger."

"Tell me more," The king insisted, "Tell me...everything you know."

And the Patriot complied

Hero #3: Vic Sage aka The Question (No one is better at uncovering conspiracies than the JLU version of the Question!)

fs14.jpg

Hero #4: Invincible (aka Mark Grayson)  (Because half an alien is  still not human enough in Lex Luthor's eyes, particularly not the son of a conqueror)

Invincible-300x227.jpg

Support: Barbara Gordon (Helping out as Oracle!) (She's off the frontlines but no one hacks better)

Barbara-Gordon-Oracle_0020-738x1024.jpg

16 minutes ago, Pariah said:

Heroes #5 & #6: Scott Summers and Jean Grey (just before she went Dark Phoenix)

Supporting character #3: A Pilot (Farscape)

2ca0f9c9f8f835f33c0f8b04cd39add2e5978fb3_hq.jpg

Well, Snipped off my medium list. I thought after the lambasting Marvel writing had done to him he was a safer pick ;)

but glad to see Cyclops in good hands

1 hour ago, Hermit said:

Well, Snipped off my medium list. I thought after the lambasting Marvel writing had done to him he was a safer pick ;)

but glad to see Cyclops in good hands

He's been mistreated by the writers in every conceivable way since the launch of the X-Force title. But back when I started reading comics, about the same time Rogue joined the X-Men, Cyclops was my favorite character. He was the guy who always tried to do the right thing, the one guy who had his head screwed on straight and could keep perspective regardless of whatever else happened. I miss that about him.