Growth and Multiform

Rebar

I'm reading through both Growth and Multiform, but find no explicit mention of the other re: how to buy Growth in a MF.

I have a Multiforming character where only one or two of several forms have growth (and one or two might have shrinking).

Is a Multiform form considered to have Inherent size? i.e. Do I buy it as a bunch of power and characteristics, and a disad for the size?

Or do I buy Growth for the forms?

Probably going to have 'change forms as a zero phase action', and 'reverts when stunned', if that makes any diff.

I'm gonna place a bet on it being Inherent - as in: I buy powers and disads to simulate inherent size.

Each multiform is essentially a completely separate character.  Build each completely from the ground up; they only have what each form pays for regardless of what the other forms have.  If you want an ability that they all have each form has to pay for it.  This includes skills, stats and any other aspect of the character. So all forms are normal sized unless they purchase an size related abilities.

Growth and shrinking are for characters that can change their size, not for those who are permanently larger or smaller.  A character who is larger or smaller than normal is supposed to simply buy the stats appropriate for the size, and take a physical complication for his size. 

6 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

Each multiform is essentially a completely separate character.  Build each completely from the ground up; they only have what each form pays for regardless of what the other forms have.  If you want an ability that they all have each form has to pay for it.  This includes skills, stats and any other aspect of the character. So all forms are normal sized unless they purchase an size related abilities.

Growth and shrinking are for characters that can change their size, not for those who are permanently larger or smaller.  A character who is larger or smaller than normal is supposed to simply buy the stats appropriate for the size, and take a physical complication for his size. 

OK, so for an elephant form, he buys skills, powers and disads to simulate growth.

The reason I wasn't sure is because it says, in more than one place, if the character can simply change into another form to escape the consequences (of say, weighing 10 tons), then the GM might rule it to be less of a disad.

1 hour ago, Rebar said:

OK, so for an elephant form, he buys skills, powers and disads to simulate growth.

The reason I wasn't sure is because it says, in more than one place, if the character can simply change into another form to escape the consequences (of say, weighing 10 tons), then the GM might rule it to be less of a disad.

So no 100kg mini  elephant,  or riding in a sports car as an elephant

physical complication for size time.

You can buy a Multiform with Growth if that form can grow, but is normally human size. You can buy a Multiform with Shrinking if that form can shrink, but is normally human size. If the other form of the Multiform naturally huge or small, then they are simulated.

This makes for an interesting "growing" character. An "undrainable" and "instant" growth by Multiforming into a huge character.