Champions fight club

JmOz

For an upcoming adventure my heroes are going to be exploring a super power fight club.  I need stats for a bunch of "gladiators".  

Ground rules, no magic, mentalist should be of the physical nature (ie telekinesis not telepaths).  The characters should not have easy escape powers (Teleportation, desolid, etc...).  The heroes are ~330 points

This is Maul.  Actually, this is a toned down version of Maul from my 6e campaign.  He targets bricks and hard style martial artists, punching them and taunting them to fight him.  He's based on a Sebastian Shaw concept.  He uses Acting to act like he taking more damage than he actually does.  He uses Oratory and Persuasion to goad his targets into attacking him.  Note that the absorption and the powers it feeds into are not showy powers, so until he actually uses the boosted stats, they should not know what happening.  After a few hits, he figures the charade is over and lets loose.  He's undone by choke holds and nerves strikes as well as energy and mental attacks.

Maul

VAL    CHA    Cost    Roll    Notes
35    STR    25    16-    HTH Damage 7d6  END [2]
11    DEX    2    11-
23    CON    13    14-
10    INT    0    11-    PER Roll 11-
10    EGO    0    11-
20    PRE    10    13-    PRE Attack: 4d6
7    OCV    20
5    DCV    10
3    OMCV    0
3    DMCV    0
5    SPD    30    Phases:  3, 5, 8, 10, 12
14    PD    12    14/20 PD (14/20 rPD)
14    ED    12    14/20 ED (0/6 rED)
12    REC    8
50    END    6
20    BODY    10    
50    STUN    15

Movement    Cost    Meters    Notes
RUNNING    8    20m/40m    END [2]
SWIMMING    0    4m/8m    END [1]
LEAPING    3    10m    10m forward, 5m upward

Characteristics Total: 184

Cost    Powers
43    Absorption 12 BODY  (physical, STR, PD, REC, STUN), Increased Maximum (x16 points) (+1), Absorption As A Defense (Resistant; +1), Expanded Effect (x4 Characteristics or Powers simultaneously) (+1 1/2) (54 Active Points); Unified Power (Kinetic Absorption; -1/4) [Notes: 12 points absorbed is +10 Str, +3 PD, +6 Rec, +12 Stun] - END=0
0    Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (9 Active Points); Unified Power (Kinetic Absorption; -1/4) applied to STR - END=
8    Hardened (+1/4), Impenetrable (+1/4), Resistant (+1/2) (14 Active Points); Unified Power (Kinetic Absorption; -1/4) applied to PD - END=
14    Resistant Protection (6 PD/6 ED) (18 Active Points); Unified Power (Kinetic Absorption; -1/4) - END=0

Powers Total: 65

Cost    Martial Arts
4    Punch:  1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, 9d6 Strike
5    Smash:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -2 DCV, 11d6 Strike
5    Grappling Block:  1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, Grab One Limb, Block
4    Crush:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 11d6 Crush, Must Follow Grab
4    Root:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 50 STR to resist Shove; Block, Abort
4    Shove:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, 50 STR to Shove
5    Takeaway:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab Weapon, 45 STR to take weapon away
4    Charge:  1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -2 DCV, 9d6 +v/10 Strike, FMove

Martial Arts Total: 35

Cost    Skills
3    Acting 13-
3    Analyze:  Combat 11-
3    Oratory 13-
3    Persuasion 13-
3    Tracking 11-

Skills Total: 15

Base Points: 300
Experience: 0
Experience Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 299

On 8/2/2018 at 12:09 PM, bubba smith said:

this  seems more like DARK CHAMPIONS to me

It shares some DNA...if you think of it as a scale with Darkest dark Champions as a 0 and silver age 4 color champions as 100, this would sit at 65.  Spider Man would be very comfortable here, Punisher would not.

11 hours ago, JmOz said:

6e but I can convert

Cages in the sewer

Cage matches with no furnishings sounds like an advantage to characters with a naturally high DCV (no AOE attacks by tossing debris). And that movement powers would be largely useless.

Is the fight club “all powers” as in “I can bring my blaster, power armor, and grenades” or is it strictly fist fighting and melee weapons?

I had a boxer villain from the 1980's called Rocky Four which I made shortly after the movie Rocky IV came out. Unfortunately, I lost the character sheet decades ago...but it was probably pre 3rd edition anyway.

The concept was a man who could duplicate himself into 4 persons. "Activating his defenses" would also activate a shapeshift which caused him to look a bit like the Thing from the Fantastic Four.

He had a habit of setting up crime scenes were there would be few if any witnesses then having a copy of himself be seen very publicly on the other side of town while the crime was being committed. So there'd be dozens of witnesses and video to "prove" that there was no way he could have been the person who committed the crime. The "criminal form" would monologue about boxing and the Rocky movies and constantly throw out quotes from the movies as if he were obsessed about it. The "non-criminal form" would never talk about boxing or the Rocky movies unless forced into it (and was damned careful if forced into talking about it to say nothing remotely close to what his duplicate had been saying on the topic). The story he told was that he was neither a hero nor a villain, just a guy who had some brick-like powers

Of course, he had always kept his duplication powers a very deep and dark secret which required the heroes to do a ton of work to reveal that the criminal and the person who had all the witnesses in his favor were indeed the same person. Then at the end, they had to deal with all four of him.

For your arena:

duplication costs END to activate, extended time (5 minutes) to activate, concentrate to activate, side effect flash when activating, etc. For the arena scenes, he will have had time to prepare. When the heroes get around to busting up the place, he'll be caught flat-footed and not be as formidable...but the other villains coming at them can take up the slack.

brick level STR,  but maybe a bit less than the average brick

a point less SPD than most other competitors, which to some extent in compensated for by having 4 bodies to use

a better rounded martial arts than boxing but still some of the classic elements of it,

armor,

resistant defenses,

extra limbs (plus two arms, originally having four arms was part of his "Rocky IV" shtick and the reason the public thought he'd chosen that name: a rocky guy with four arms total and who was a bit dim )

ambidexterity

breakfall

analyze combat style

some mental defense from the habit of running multiple minds,

mindlink to his selves for better coordination,

He wouldn't necessarily have to shapeshift back and forth from a normal form or be charismatic and persuasive since he wouldn't be hiding anything.

Distinctive Features

Overconfident when duplicates are present

Enraged when a duplicated is seriously wounded (less than half BODY)

I can't do a full write-up at the moment but if anyone else wants to take a stab at it, feel free.