Clairsentience question

unclevlad

Question

If I pick up +6 Telescopic with Normal Sight, and Clairsentience which includes Normal Sight...do I get the +6 Telescopic with the Clairsentience?

If so, then if I also include +4 Telescopic as part of the Clairsentience package, does that now mean I'm +10 Telescopic when using the Clairsentience?

1 answer to this question

As noted on 6E1 179, “[a] character with Clairsentience can use one or more of his Senses... at Range[.]” If a character has purchased a Sense Modifier for the Sense(s) he buys Clairsentience for (typically the Sight Group), then that Sense Modifier would apply when he uses his Clairsentience. As further noted on 6E1 170, characters may buy “appropriate” Sense Modifiers for Clairsentience itself, rather than the underlying Sense (determining what’s “appropriate” is up to the GM, of course.) If a character buys the same Sense Modifier for both the base Sense and his Clairsentience, the two Sense Modifiers “stack” if possible and if the GM permits. So if a characters buys Telescopic (+4 versus Range Modifier for Normal Sight), and then buys Clairsentience (Sight Group), Telescopic (+6 versus Range Modifier for Sight Group), he would have Telescopic (+10) when using Normal Sight with his Clairsentience. Of course, this could get a little complicated or weird, so the GM may prefer for a character to buy all the Sense Modifier one way to avoid confusion.