Random Television Quotes

Cassandra

" Now you listen to me. While I will admit to a certain cynicism, the fact is that I am a naysayer and hatchetman in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another because I choose to live my life in the company of Gandhi and King. My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method... is love. I love you Sheriff Truman."

"With all due respect, I don't think our Maker wants to hear from me right now. Because He knows I'm going to go out into that sky in this plane and remove one of His creations from His universe. And when I return, I'm going to drink a bottle of scotch as if it were Chiggy von Richthofen's blood and celebrate his death."

Perry: Do you ever get the impression that we'll never know everything that's going on with those two?

Jimmy: Chief.

Perry: Yeah?

Jimmy: Instead of always standing around watching Lois and Clark, wondering what they're doing, we've got to get lives of our own that are little more interesting.

Perry: Son, you just hit the bulls eye. It's like we're supporting characters in some TV show and it's only about them.

Jimmy: Yeah! It's like all we do is advance their plots.

Perry: To tell you the truth, I'm sick of it.

Jimmy: Man, me too!

G’Quon wrote, “There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities; it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.”

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

"I once thought I could protect the world by myself, but I was wrong. Working together, we saved the planet, and I believe that if we stay together as a team, we could be a force that could truly work for the ideals of peace and justice."

"What, like a bunch of...super friends?"

"More like a Justice League."

"You have no idea how corny that sounds."

On 9/28/2018 at 7:58 PM, Michael Hopcroft said:

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I knew this was Babylon 5.