DBz punch... and punch again

Tech

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

Didn't we cover this already?

I don't think we had a satisfactory answer to it.

Autofire HA and a linked movement trigger?

Perhaps we did. However, I don't think what you suggested works. I can see the linked movement trigger but the initial hit/movement/hit isn't really there.

2 minutes ago, Tech said:

Perhaps we did. However, I don't think what you suggested works. I can see the linked movement trigger but the initial hit/movement/hit isn't really there.

The hit / move / hit is just SFX. Mechanically, you have two hits and movement. The above does that.

There are a lot of ways to do this.

1)  A simple way is to give Goku a high Speed, at least a 7.  Wait until he has back to back phases (segments 6 & 7, or 11 & 12).  Hit somebody on 6, then on 7 you move behind them and hit them again.

2)  Another way is to use some combination of triggered movement and an autofire attack.  There's no real game advantage to it, so I'm not wild about it.  It's easier and cheaper to just ignore the teleport and hit the guy with your autofire attack as normal.

3)  Besides the second hit, the real advantage Goku gains is to catch the person off guard, and also to knock them in a different direction.  You could do this with a Hand Attack with the Indirect advantage.  Or with a few inches of Stretching to allow you to hit your opponent from behind.  The special effect is that it's an instant teleport, but there's nothing that requires the game mechanics to use an actual Teleport (as in the power).

7 minutes ago, Greywind said:

Double knockback. Everything else is just SFX.

Perhaps, if you ignore that the attacker is now in a different area. :)  That fact almost ensures that some sort of moment power must be used, even if attacking on Ph 6 , then again on Ph 7.

1 hour ago, Tech said:

Perhaps, if you ignore that the attacker is now in a different area. :)  That fact almost ensures that some sort of moment power must be used, even if attacking on Ph 6 , then again on Ph 7.

But is the attacker being in a different area really required?

There used to be a DBZ video game.  It was a Street Fighter-like fighting game.  I played it once at a friend's house and I wasn't very good at it.  But anyway, you could do a variety of special moves with the right button combinations.  One of them was the move described here.  Punch, teleport, punch.  Once you did the move, there would be a short little cinema scene showing what happened, and then your opponent would take damage.  It wasn't anything you could interrupt, it always happened the same way every time.

With that perspective, all you really need is an attack power.  You could do it with Energy Blast, or it could be the special effect of your Offensive Strike.  You do the move, you hit them, teleport, and hit them again.  Then you somehow wind up back in the same place where you started.  You can do the whole thing with pure special effects.

3 hours ago, Tech said:

And by RAW the first attack action would end the whole thing anyway.

You might get the GM to allow you to do a multiple move by attack if you have sufficient movement.  Say you want to do a 3 hit combo.  You'd take a -4 to OCV and missing one hit misses the rest in the chain.  Your first hit knocks the target back at which point you go to the point where he'd land and do another hit and so forth.  But remember, you need to move at least 12m.  I think this would work, so I'll put it on the 6th Rule Questions to see if its legal and I do have a general question about the target's DCV in the maneuver.

This is an attack, move, attack sequence.  So...

--full phase

--requires Rapid Attack

--Penalties:  a combination of Strafe and Multiple Attack.  Strafe comes kinda close, as it's the most involved move/attack combination.  Strafe gives -v/6, -2.  Multiple attacks on same target gives -2 OCV for the 2nd attack...both attacks are still punches.  For v, let's call it the maximum possible...perfect roll damage roll, lowest possible roll on the subtraction part (so, 1 or 2 usually).  So for a 10d6 regular against a normal opponent not flying, that's 18...20 Body, snake eyes on the 2d6 KB reducer.  v=18 means -3. OCV  So this maneuver becomes -5 OCV, -2 DCV.  Oh, and this isn't a rounding situation.  If the max KB distance is 7, the OCV penalty is -2, not -1.

--The movement power costs the END it would cost for the maximum distance possible...REGARDLESS of the actual distance covered.  That's in addition to the attack END.

The move in the middle is SFX.  There's no damage bonus anywhere.