How do I make these two powers?

FenrisUlf

I was thinking of some new character ideas and came up with two powers I'd like to try. The thing is, I'm stuck for how to make them.

First is someone who can affect teleporters by 'pulling' them to him. If you try to teleport him, to him, or away from him, he is able to redirect the teleport (probably by a Trigger effect, it just happens whether or not he was about to use it) so you end up right in front of him and ready for a punch.

Any ideas on how to do that? I was thinking maybe some sort of Triggered teleport, activated when someone uses teleportation nearby, that drops you right next to the guy?

The other is a telepath with an Ego Attack and a Mind Link to their teammates. They can use the Ego Attack through the Mind Link against someone attacking their teammates. To an unwary onlooker, the attack seems to come from the person being attacked. Again, ay ideas on how to do that?

One more thing -- I mostly use the 5th edition of the game. I hope that's not too big of a problem.

1 hour ago, FenrisUlf said:

I was thinking of some new character ideas and came up with two powers I'd like to try. The thing is, I'm stuck for how to make them.

First is someone who can affect teleporters by 'pulling' them to him. If you try to teleport him, to him, or away from him, he is able to redirect the teleport

Define "to him." Define "away from him."

Lucius Alexander

And an undefined palindromedary

I would do it as a mind control to redirect the teleporter.  It might also be missile deflection/reflection.  I think the way to really determine how to build it would depend on how the person defined it.  Is it a warping of space or an override of what the teleporter is trying to accomplish?  If its a warping of spatial awareness, maybe do it as mental images or images on the special teleport sense.  You should sync up with your GM with a good definition of why the teleport redirect works and work with them to come up with a viable power.

6 minutes ago, Lucius said:

Define "to him." Define "away from him."

Lucius Alexander

And an undefined palindromedary

'To him' as in 'you try to teleport up to him to hit him or otherwise attack or grab him'.

'Away from him' as in you use teleport to try and run away, or just get away from him when he's trying to hit you.

I was thinking of it as being like a black hole that affects teleporters; pass close by in a teleport and he can force you to appear where he wants you to appear, which is usually right in front of him.

1 minute ago, FenrisUlf said:

I was thinking of it as being like a black hole that affects teleporters; pass close by in a teleport and he can force you to appear where he wants you to appear, which is usually right in front of him.

In GM mode then, "Why does it work for all types of teleport?"  If Enchantress opens rifts through the astral plane to teleport to places but Portal uses a more Star Trek style teleport, why are they both affected the same way?

17 minutes ago, dsatow said:

In GM mode then, "Why does it work for all types of teleport?"  If Enchantress opens rifts through the astral plane to teleport to places but Portal uses a more Star Trek style teleport, why are they both affected the same way?

I mostly saw the power as affecting people who got their movement powers from Kelvarite if that's still in the game. So it probably wouldn't affect magical teleports or supertech ones. I didn't mention that before because firstly, I'm really tired right now and secondly, I thought it would make things needlessly complicated

Fen, the teleport power can be written as teleportation, usable as attack (Defense is not to use teleports), only to pull teleporters to character, triggered versus teleports. I'll let you sort the range and weight. gates and portal users would not be affected by this power.

The ego attack mind link thing would probably be ego attack, only through person linked with, must have mind link to person then linked to normal mind link. Whichever has the most points is the dominant power and the link goes on that I think for the discount

CES   

6 hours ago, dsatow said:

Gates/Ex Movement/ etc may be defined as a teleport power, but let's keep it simple. The power only works on Nightcrawler and his family, and other teleporters like that, where the character pops from place to place instead of opening holes in the air, or being turned into electrons, shot to the destination, and then being put back to carbon.

CES

I Control Your Next Teleport:  Teleportation ???m, Usable as attack at Range (+1 3/4), Trigger (target teleports; +1/4)

I Control All Your Teleports:  Teleportation ???m, Usable as attack at Range (+1 3/4), Trigger (target teleports, resets automatically in no time; +1), Constant (+1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2)

Note that the second power probably require the person using them to take an Attack Action each Phase it triggers to control where the target ends up, unless it's always "directly in front of me".

- - - - - - - - -

Through My Pal's Eyes I:  Clairsentience, ???m, Mobile, Only through senses of Mind Linked target (-1/2)

Through My Pal's Eyes II:  Ego Attack ??d6, Indirect (+1/2); Requires Clairsentience (-1/2)

Well, by RAW Mind Link doesn't grant you the ability to see through the eyes of the person you're linked to (the 5E rules for Mind Link specifically say it doesn't grant use of the linked person's senses), though I've typically allowed it anyway.  So technically, you'd need Clairsentience, only to see through Mind Linked person's eyes.  So I've added that to my writeup above.

13 hours ago, csyphrett said:

Fen, the teleport power can be written as teleportation, usable as attack (Defense is not to use teleports), only to pull teleporters to character, triggered versus teleports. I'll let you sort the range and weight. gates and portal users would not be affected by this power.

The ego attack mind link thing would probably be ego attack, only through person linked with, must have mind link to person then linked to normal mind link. Whichever has the most points is the dominant power and the link goes on that I think for the discount

CES   

Thanks Csyphrett, and thank you everyone else as well.