How to make Drain painless

Zarthose

Question

I am building a drain/aid self character in 6th edition. He will have his Drain (END) be zero end, constant, no range,  persistent, area of effect( my body), and the Aid will have trigger, zero end, expanded effects, aid self only and linked to the drain.

Question 1 Do I need to buy personal immunity to the drain?

Question 2 I want to make all elements of the combo invisible. Does that mean I have to buy that advantage at +1X? What about the Aid self, does that also cost +1X, it is an internal only power ? If I wanted to make the effect painless ( like sometimes they show a vampires kiss to be pleasurable, not painful...Yet clearly there is a drain going on) How would I price that out?

Question 3 Part of me thinks that the cost to make an attack painless should be +1/2X more...but then I am looking at a massive increase in cost to the point of it being ether to weak to be useful, or to expensive to ever chose.

Could you advise on a recommended fair cost?

1 answer to this question

So, it appears to me that you're trying to re-create (more or less) the old Transfer Power with the 6E rules. There's an example power that shows the recommended way to do that in the sidebar on 6E1 197. You may have to include additional Power Modifiers (like No Range) to build the power you want, but that example shows the basic way to create a 6E "Transfer" power.

Comment:  You don't need Area Of Effect for the Drain part of this build, at least not if I understand what you're trying to do. If you want to make the power affect anyone who comes into contact with you, then you would use Area Of Effect, but it should be the "Damage Shield" form of AoE (see 6E1 321).

There's no need to buy Personal Immunity for the Drain, unless you just want to prevent enemies from Reflecting it back at you. Again assuming you would use Damage Shield here, a DS doesn't require Personal Immunity to not affect the character using it.

If you want all the parts of the power to be completely Invisible, then yes, you have to buy the Invisible Power Effects Advantage at a high value (probably +1; see 6E1 338-39). If you want the target to not realize that he's being affected -- for example, to not feel pain -- then you need another +1 worth of Invisible Power Effects to conceal the effects of the power (as discussed on 6E1 339).

I think that covers all of your questions. But if I missed something, or I misunderstood the nature of the power you want to build, please post a follow-up or send me a PM. Good luck with your game!