I'm old

Badger

By contrast, I liked loud music before I got into rock music.  Johan Sebastian Bach pipe organ, baby.  Them young snotlings don't have nothin'.  Actually I find that sung words annoy me increasingly as I age.  Instrumental stuff is relaxing and inspiring, but lyrics tend to grate as I'm trying to think.

More seriously still, what got me started thinking about mortality (about 15 years ago) was hearing about the death (an autoimmune disease) of a woman who'd tried dragging me to bed once.  

7 hours ago, Bazza said:

Cicero has you covered. 

https://press.princeton.edu/titles/10676.html

3 hours ago, Lucius said:

I don't want to know how to grow old, Cicero. I want to know how to STOP growing old!

There's a sure-fire way to do that, but you wouldn't like it....

Seriously, at 55 I worry about getting old. Last year I was terrified of becoming the stereotypical "creepy old guy at the con full of young people", and had what I saw as such a lapse in etiquette. So I was freaked out pretty bad. I had to call over and old friend and consult him about it.

This year I am staffing at that con in a couple of months, so I have plenty of time to think about how to avoid getting into that sort of situation again. Especially since people will be looking at me as a minor authority figure. to make matters worse, I need to figure out how I can control my chronic pain at the event without being all loopy from pain meds.