Territan

9 hours ago, dsatow said:

Just as a side note, in my group, you can always aim knockback downard instead of away from you. 

Yes indeedy!

We used to have "knock up" (along with the juvenile jokes every time we got a new player).  We didn't have it at first, but you remember when the arcades were starting to fill up with fighting games?  Then came the ones with those "juggle combos...."

Yep: "I want to use my held action to give him a super-uppercut and knock him straight up!  Then I want my action Phase (next segment, of course) to be used to nail him again before he can hit the ground!"

It never really became as disruptive as it seems-- once or twice, across years, when two speedsters would start trying to play badminton or something.  Fortunately, everyone eventually became bored with it.  It's only used now as a prelude to a Presence Attack, and even then not too terribly often.

Good times.... :)