Omicron Technology

TheNaga

If you mean, the bionic implants and chemical infusions that give the official Champions supervillain Ripper his powers, they're only mentioned in relation to Ripper. His last write-up was published in VIPER: Coils Of The Serpent. There isn't a great deal of description there, though.

Champions Online did a little more with Omicron tech for that MMORPG. I might be able to find something about it online, if that would interest you.

6 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

If you mean, the bionic implants and chemical infusions that give the official Champions supervillain Ripper his powers, they're only mentioned in relation to Ripper. His last write-up was published in VIPER: Coils Of The Serpent. There isn't a great deal of description there, though.

Champions Online did a little more with Omicron tech for that MMORPG. I might be able to find something about it online, if that would interest you.

I was refer to the bionic implants and chemical infusions that gave Ripper his powers.  It would have been nice if they had more info on Omicron technology since it sounds interesting.  Is there any technology similar to the Omicron technology that i could look at?

So how does Champions Online handle Omicron technology?

1 hour ago, Lord Liaden said:

Impressive recall, LL.

4 hours ago, TheNaga said:

I was refer to the bionic implants and chemical infusions that gave Ripper his powers.  It would have been nice if they had more info on Omicron technology since it sounds interesting.  Is there any technology similar to the Omicron technology that i could look at?

So how does Champions Online handle Omicron technology?

Examples of it were used by Dr. Dino Demogaard at VIPER's Monster Island facility, as part of his experiments to create augmented agents, monsters, or both (it's not completely clear). One mission on the CO Monster Island zone involved destroying crates of Omicron tech; while one battle in the MI VIPER Nest included some VIPER troops enhanced by it.

Ripper's implants, which V:COTS refers to generally as "Omicron technology," include upgraded armor plates stronger than what Ripper received when he first became a cyborg; and a "harness" which periodically infuses Omicron chemicals into his body, which "stabilize" and "enhance" his biochemistry. Per Ripper's character sheet in V:COTS, those chemicals regenerate damage to his body, and temporarily boost his already impressive strength to a devastating level (but only four times each day)

• 2 weeks later...

The original concept for Ripper's omicron armor is from Stronghold Volume 1 (1981), which says little about it. "Transferred to a military hospital in the states, Allison recovered somewhat, only to be told by his doctors that he was dying from the radiation he had received. The doctors could offer him the only chance at survival -- Project Omicron. This project had been developing certain human augmentation devices for military use. The devices were adapted to Allison, and managed to keep him alive."

In this version, Ripper's berserk is from his twisted mind, trying to escape his past; nothing to do with pain.

So, even if someone has more information on the Omicron Technology/Project Omicron, go with whatever background you want for it that fits your campaign.

Based on Ripper's character sheet in V:COTS, there isn't much to it. Characteristics are of course broken out into more categories. Ripper's Strength boost in 6E no longer takes the "No Figured Characteristics" Limitation applied under 5E. His Regeneration is built and costed differently in the two editions, but just buying the same Body Regen over the same time interval would do it. Ripper's armor plating was the Power, "Armor" under 5E, but is now "Resistant Protection" at the same CP cost. Other abilities are essentially the same but may have different costs between editions.