The Halloween Showdown Superdraft

csyphrett

The Halloween Showdown Superdraft is about the monsters this year. The goal is to create a plot around the monster of your choice and the heroes trying to stop it from doing its business. Will any team be up to the task of protecting its turf from a giant horde of destruction.

The first pick is location. The pick is exclusive.

The second pick is the monster. He/she/it is the hero of the draft.

Four heroes and three options can be picked in any order after the first two picks. We want normal human/human baseline protagonists for the heroes. The edge of this is Buffy and Doc Savage, so Jack O'Neill is in, the Doctor is out.  No masked men need apply. The three options can be used to add in other monsters, weapons of mass destruction, or a scientist to babble about giant ants not being possible.   

The Draft will start Monday, October 8th at Noon Eastern Standard and skip the weekends.

CES     

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:51 AM, csyphrett said:

The Halloween Showdown Superdraft is about the monsters this year. The goal is to create a plot around the monster of your choice and the heroes trying to stop it from doing its business. Will any team be up to the task of protecting its turf from a giant horde of destruction.

The first pick is location. The pick is exclusive.

The second pick is the monster. He/she/it is the hero of the draft.

Four heroes and three options can be picked in any order after the first two picks. We want normal human/human baseline protagonists for the heroes. The edge of this is Buffy and Doc Savage, so Jack O'Neill is in, the Doctor is out.  No masked men need apply. The three options can be used to add in other monsters, weapons of mass destruction, or a scientist to babble about giant ants not being possible.   

The Draft will start Monday, October 8th at Noon Eastern Standard and skip the weekends.

CES     

What constitutes a "monster?"

In what sense do you mean that the monster is the hero?

Are historical figures draftable?

Lucius Alexander

Is a palindromedary a monster? Am I, if I behave monstrously?

22 minutes ago, Lucius said:

What constitutes a "monster?"

The normal stuff: Godzilla, Frankenstein , Grabboids. ETC

In what sense do you mean that the monster is the hero?

As the monster is the second pick of the draft, they should be the star and the monster hunters should be tailored to the threat.

Are historical figures draftable?

No

Lucius Alexander

Is a palindromedary a monster? Am I, if I behave monstrously?

Yes, the Palindromedary is a monster

CES

5 minutes ago, csyphrett said:

The normal stuff: Godzilla, Frankenstein , Grabboids. ETC

If kaiju and mad scientists are normal stuff for you, you must lead an exciting life.

Lucius Alexander

Then again I've just learned my most constant companion is considered a monster..

9 hours ago, Certified said:

Is Bangor, Maine still open? 

1 hour ago, csyphrett said:

Yes.

CES

Surely not.

While Bangor in Wales exists, Bangor Maine is purely the invention of Stephen King. It is remarkably well documented as it even has its own Wikipedia page. However if you read this carefully you can tell it's phoney

11 hours ago, Certified said:

For the Monster: I'm going with, the collective works of Stephen King. 

3 hours ago, csyphrett said:

One monster, please

CES

That is simple. Certified picks the monster from IT which can appear as anything that frightens people. Examples in the book include a clown, the shark from Jaws, a werewolf and a Mummy. Now people read Stephen King books to get scared so the monster can appear as anything from a Stephen King book that scares people.

Problem solved ?