How would you write up a ranged power that simulates epilepsy?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but only the person attacked by the Mental Illusion or Mind Control will think they've had a seizure.  Any companions they have or witnesses on the street won't be able to corroborate that they had one.  Unlike in real life...

Sorry if this throws a kink in the build... 

16 hours ago, Amorkca said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but only the person attacked by the Mental Illusion or Mind Control will think they've had a seizure.  Any companions they have or witnesses on the street won't be able to corroborate that they had one.  Unlike in real life... 

It would indeed need to be a mental illusion that get's you to act as if you got a seizure. Mind Control can actually force you to act like that. I mean if it is even humanly possible to act out a seizure. Afaik it involves illogical combinations of muscle signals.

Rather than focusing on making it a mental attack, I would at least consider looking at the desired effect of the attack.  You could consider the falling to the ground and losing control of your limbs and such simply the SFX of the attack and build it as some sort of entangle.

2 hours ago, Pegasus40218 said:

Rather than focusing on making it a mental attack, I would at least consider looking at the desired effect of the attack.  You could consider the falling to the ground and losing control of your limbs and such simply the SFX of the attack and build it as some sort of entangle. 

The intended game effect is unclear.

For the explicitly brought up case "may incldue a memory loss", I mentined Mind Control and other Mental Powers as a option. So I was reasoning from effect, as far as possible.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 11:36 AM, Major Tom 2009 said:

I wish I would've been able to find my copy of the UNTIL Superpowers Database back when I had this thread idea;;

it turns out that there is just such a power listed in the Body Powers section, and it's called Seizure Induction. 

Major Tom 2009 ?

So, how is it built?
Entangle?
Blast?

Mind Control?

What modifiers?

The basic power (as described on page 36 of the USD) is as follows:

Entangle 4d6, 6 def, Takes No Damage From Attack, Indirect

Target/Area Affected: One character

Duration: Instant

Range: 560"

END Cost: 11

Advantages: Takes No Damage From Attack (+1/2), Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (+1/4), Indirect (+1/2) (112 Active Points).

Limitations: Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4), Vulnerable (biomanipulation attacks, -1/4), Vulnerable (mental attacks, -1/2). Total cost: 56 points.

Major Tom 2009 ?