Thundercats Question

marediv

Hello all. I am making a character in a game where we used a background book for character ideas and such. I am a Feline (Lion) humanoid from a different world. Still need to roll some more of the background (had an issue come up where had to leave), but I was thinking Thundercat Lion-O, and was hopeing to get some ideas for how to build him. Also The Sword of Omens as well.

Thank you in advance for the ideas and help.

What version of the rules? How many points? How many active points\rule of X?

Ultimately Lion-O is a pretty standard martial artist\brick type.

Buy up your Dex, Str, Con, Speed.

Get some feline enhanced senses.

Buy some martial arts with the Sword of Omens.

The Sword of Omens itself is fairly tied to the Thundercats world lore.

IE, will you be Thundercats HOOOOOOOOO! with it?

Will it be a short sword\dagger most of the time and a real sword only sometimes?

"Sight Beyond Sight" is probably just Clairvoyance with some limits (OAF, for one).

Figuring out how to build him will depend on rules version, total points, active points, what others are playing, and all that kind of thing.

But it's a pretty straight forward build I think.

I agree with Tranq. Lion-O himself is a pretty straight forward build with high charteristics, some technical skills, some martial arts. Disadvantages/complications depend on the background.

He also has an Oaf that gives him super leap, clinging, a killing attack and a boost to his hand attack.

The sword of omens can be a multipower or an oaf which gives the character energy blast, hka, clairvoyance with appropriate limits, and summon. it may have advantages that help it against certain things like affects desolid, Armor piercing, so forth.

CES  

2 hours ago, csyphrett said:

I agree with Tranq. Lion-O himself is a pretty straight forward build with high charteristics, some technical skills, some martial arts. Disadvantages/complications depend on the background.

He also has an Oaf that gives him super leap, clinging, a killing attack and a boost to his hand attack.

The sword of omens can be a multipower or an oaf which gives the character energy blast, hka, clairvoyance with appropriate limits, and summon. it may have advantages that help it against certain things like affects desolid, Armor piercing, so forth.

CES  

true enough

5 minutes ago, marediv said:

The 80s one never seen the more recent one.

Two recent ones. The 2011 reboot was fairly good. The 20-19 is a badly drawn comedic mockery. The 2011 was cancelled because no one wanted to masks toys of it. Apparently it’s toys or mercy that keep the cartoons flowing. Too bad because toy sales are in a serious decline, in the face of video games and small screens. 

19 hours ago, Tech said:

The sword's abilities should have charges. The sword was used only a certain number of times so limiting how often you can use them is applicable.

This might have simply been their way to handle the storybreaking power of "Sight beyond sight".

If you are looking for a powers breakdown, a good starting place can be deathbattle. Particular the Lion-O/He-Man one (the interesting part starts as minute 14):

4 hours ago, Marcus Impudite said:

The Thundercats Ho! thing seemed like it was a "Bat signal" specifically for the Thundercats. Maybe a limited Images power with enough PER bonuses to insure it can be seen from far away? 

As was true for most 80's cartoons, he was not actually hitting anyone with the blade. I mean Spiderman never even landed a punch or even disturb a pigeon when landing on rooftops.

Accordingly it was primarily use to project beams from the Eye of Thundera. Rarely it had some elemental effect wrapped around the blade, discharged on contact. The 2011 version is a lot tamer in powers. It was also used more like an actuall sword, but I think the basic sword beam was shown.