Star Trek RPG

marediv

I think I grabbed some stuff off of a website once- only because the author of the site clearly stated anyone who wanted to use his stuff was welcome to, mind you. 

It wasn't the most extensive work-up out there.  Truth be told, it wasn't even close to the most extensive.  But it was the only one that freely invited people to take it and use it, so it was the only one I took.  If I get a chance when I get home, I'll see if I can find it. 

3 hours ago, marediv said:

I am planning a Star Trekish game but every link I click on for Star Trek Hero Stuff the links are dead. Anyone have any suggestions or sites that work that can help?

This is probably what you are looking for. It's got a 5 part PDF of conversions of The Next Generation into HERO.

Star Trek history, package deals for various races, and all the rest. Very, very detailed.

Not sure how correct it is but at first glance it is...fascinating.

https://web.archive.org/web/20040603010804/http://www.starherofandom.com:80/h_trekhero/index.php

You might also look at this website which converts Prime Directive RPG, set in the Star Fleet Universe (sort of Star Trek TOS for a game system that has a deal with Paramount but apparently doesn't have the license for the Star Trek name).

http://www.seenar.com/category/prime-directive/

There's also a free PDF for Prime Directive here, no conversion to HERO but maybe some useful background for a universe which is mostly Star Trek but diverges from established Star Trek history. The site also has a ton of other links for free things from Prime Directive and Star Fleet Battles as well as things like a chart to tell you what a "Class M" planet really means in Star trek lingo.

http://www.starfleetgames.com/pdindex.shtml

Got off early, _and_ remembered to hunt that up for you. :lol:

it's TOS, if that's what you're looking for.  It's a really extensive sourcebook, extremely well done.  I hadn't noticed before, but the author's name is not on it, and I didn't attribute it in my records because I just assumed his name would be there somewhere.  I apologize.  But I do want it known that I am making _no_ claim that this is my own work, and would really like to know just whose work it is, because it's impressive.

I'd upload it here, but it uses a lot of clip art from the series, and I don't know if the author had the right to do so or not.  I am willing to send you a PM about it, if you'd like to discuss it further.  It's roughly 150 pages or so, with a blank one here and there (I get the feeling it wasn't quite finished).  It also has write-ups for the main characters and a section detailing nearly every race featured (or sometimes just mentioned) in TOS.  Oh, and one from the animated series.  (Guess which one :roll eyes:  If you said "cat people, you were hedging your bet and playing really low odds.  You were right, of course, but still... )

If anyone knows who wrote it-- or if they ever finished it-- please let me know so I can properly attribute it in my files.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I wrote TOS Hero (and later TNG Hero at the request of another Hero-ite).  I grabbed whatever artwork was available on the net, no licensing or connection with paramount. 

I've had a few people ask if I'm going to update those setting books to 6th edition, and the answer is probably not. At the time I used Adobe In-Design, but when Adobe changed from buy software to subscription model, I quit using the product, so I'd have to start from scratch in some new program.  Same with all the TravellerHERO stuff I did, the In-Design files are no longer usable. Glad to see Shadowcat's still doing what he can to keep it available in some fashion.

14 minutes ago, Eodin said:

I wrote TOS Hero (and later TNG Hero 

Dude, let me take a minute to thank you:

Thank you so very much!

It's extremely well-done, and I have very much enjoyed reading it through three or four times now.  (Never got to use it, but I'm the only ST fan in any of my groups, so I wasn't really surprised by that).

It's great work-- wonderful work-- and best of all, I now have (sort of) someone to whom I can attribute it in my records.

Thank you, Sir.

Duke

1 hour ago, Eodin said:

I wrote TOS Hero (and later TNG Hero at the request of another Hero-ite).  I grabbed whatever artwork was available on the net, no licensing or connection with paramount. 

I've had a few people ask if I'm going to update those setting books to 6th edition, and the answer is probably not. At the time I used Adobe In-Design, but when Adobe changed from buy software to subscription model, I quit using the product, so I'd have to start from scratch in some new program.  Same with all the TravellerHERO stuff I did, the In-Design files are no longer usable. Glad to see Shadowcat's still doing what he can to keep it available in some fashion.

Really good to see you on the forums again, Eodin. I've referred existing and prospective parties to your Star HERO Fandom website many times over the years, including after it was archived. It was one of the fan-created gems from the Fifth Edition era, and a great contribution to the community.

1 hour ago, Tjack said:

Somebody must have said this before, but I can’t see it..... There’s several books of TOS and TNG Hero stuff right here in the Download section.  

They’re in the 5th Edition Documents section.

I think this is what you're referring to: https://www.herogames.com/search/?q=trek&type=downloads_file

Most of it seems to be the work of Eodin above; but that adventure set in the Trek universe does look interesting.

49 minutes ago, Eodin said:

Thanks! Glad to hear a few people still enjoy them. 

By the way, the Star HERO Fandom website belongs to Arooo. Back in the day he had offered to host my Trek pdfs, since he was already hosting his Babylon 5 HERO and something else. 

These are great, my many thanks for all the times I’ve gone thru these books.  As long as I’ve got you on the line (so to speak) I have a question. 

At one point I could have sworn there was a listing for Augments, or Kahn’s people in one of the two main books, but I can’t find it for the life of me.  Did I just imagine this or is it tucked away somewhere I overlooked?

There are references to Khan in the history chapter of TNG Hero, but nothing about augments or building Khan's "superior beings."  The only augments I remember writing about were in the TravellerHero books (book 2, I think) regarding cybertech enhancements. My personal opinion is they would have STR, CON, and INT in the 18-20 range, DEX and PRE in the 15-20 range. Their EGO would be 13ish, since self-control of emotions is not really something they excel at.  They'd be slightly tougher (+2 to PD, ED, REC, and BODY, added to the 5th edition figured values). Everything else would be based on culture, location, and how they were raised/trained.