Archetype Arts

Asperion

5 hours ago, Ninja-Bear said:

Ok Doesn’t cross intervening space is an advantage for Stretching. It means that I can use my strength at range but is considered for range purposes self. Now with DCIS, my arm even if it’s 20” away cannot be targeted along that 20”. I can be at the character or at the end of course but not along that 20”. Now if you have indirect on Stretching then your arm is still attackable along that 20”. 

It should also be noted that the two Advantages are not mutually exclusive. Stretching can be Indirect and still cross intervening space, or not cross intervening space without being fully Indirect.

1 hour ago, Duke Bushido said:

Understood.

However, since I use an older rules set, before that particular hair was split, DNCIS is, for me, superfluous.

Though to be honest,  a _lot_ of "one power specific" or "two power specific" Advantages are superfluous as well.

I actually don’t see this as superfluous. If I can use my hand across a Danger room like Portal man and my arm isn’t the worse for it, then I should pay more than Mr. Elastic since his arm can be targeted/hurt/attacked in the same scenerio. Of course ymmv.

Older edition: without having split it into two separate advantages, we simply presumed "Indirect" would work just this way on a power (stretching) that is already rather indirect.  Particularly since "official" builds at the time stated specifically that an indirect power does not have to have a Point of Origin even remotely close to the character.  Thus, Indirect on Stretching allowed the limbs / what-have-you to simply "appear" from some point near where you wanted to use the appendage without having crossed any intervening space.  Thus, for us, an advantage designed to specifically "allow" us to do what we've been doing for thirty years _is_ a textbook example of superfluous.

In your example: Mr Elastic has Stretching, while Portal Man has Stretching, indirect.

(again, by our-older edition standards.  I have no beef with people using DNCIS if they are using the rule books in which it is specified)