New Bundle of Holding offering?

Anyone have any ideas about the whisper campaign for a new Bundle of Holding? Here's what the email sent to me 2 days ago says:

REMEMBER CHAMPIONS?

Hey, remember back in April 2017 when we presented a colossal double offer of Champions books that were all debuting in .PDF for the first time anywhere? Those two offers had, gosh, 67 titles between them -- our biggest offers ever. Those two Championsoffers were big hits! Good times, good times.

Huh? Why do we mention those two landmark offers that brought into .PDF tons of early Champions titles for the first time anywhere? Oh... no reason. Just making conversation.

[whistles tunelessly]

11 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

On that subject, I recall reading there was a pledge level to get your own unique villain (presumably off a rotating list).  But what's the pledge level to _be_ a unique villain?  :D

I think the real villains do it for the love of evil. If you need to get paid, you can't be a unique villain (there are too many run of the mill bad guys who get paid for their rapscallionism). 

23 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

On that subject, I recall reading there was a pledge level to get your own unique villain (presumably off a rotating list).  But what's the pledge level to _be_ a unique villain?  :D

How do you catch a unique villain?

Unique up on him.

How do you catch a tame villain?

Tame way.

I'm working on Western HERO now.  Jason advised me to "hold off" on Star HERO, and now I know why.  Ultimately, I will do it anyway.  If anyone thinks it's a waste of time, please let explain:

I don't want these just "to collect."  I want re-mastered versions, printable when I need to replace them.  Essentially, I want these books to be available forever.  If you bough the bundles and happened to get Star HERO (I know I did ;) ), turn to page 6 in that PDF.

Now look at my page 6 from before Jason suggested "holding off."

After Western HERO, I intend to go on to Horror HERO, as I have a "donor copy."  If anyone cares to pony up a donor copy of Cyber HERO, I will be glad to do that one, too.  I have a lousy PDF of it done when I was first teaching myself how to do this, but I want to do a better job.  I've been looking for a donor copy of 3e Fantasy HERO _forever_, as it is hands-down my favorite edition.  Is it the best?  Not really.  That distinction belongs to 4e FH, I think.  However, it was the first fantasy game I ever played that I really enjoyed-- there was no enforced D&D-ism, and to be honest, the rules made it actually pretty hard to turn it into D&D.  And fortunately, my GM at the time didn't like Tolkien any more than I do, so there was none of that, either.  So yeah: maybe it's just sentiment.

Whatever it is, I _am_ glad that it got at least an acceptable scan in the BOH.  

I have already been in contact with Jason, and, in his words "I would love to have a scan of Western HERO."  So if nothing else, perhaps it will end up in the HERO store for cheap, like the other 4e stuff.  I won't say it will be in the next week-- for example, I'm hanging out here when I should be scanning!  :lol:

now I have to track down that thread "what do I want HERO to put out next," because this-- even though it's mostly bad scans (I wonder if I should offer up my 2e scans to replace the ones in the bundles?), it's still re-releasing the early stuff, and that's what I wanted most.  :D  I love these guys.  :i can't do a heart:

SH3e006_Black and White.jpg

Joe:

I came up empty on the flash drive with my 2e PDF, (I'm sure it will turn up.  I can always remake it from the raw scans, it just won't be before the bundle runs out, I'm afraid), but I did stumble across a better copy (i.e., one I have repaired the damage on the pictures) of the "1e" GM screen and sent it along to Jason.

We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the tip!

I really wish I had time to make a new 2e pdf (or better: find my existing one!), but I really have to force myself to stay on task with Western HERO: there is so much more labor with the 3 and 4e books: glue binding, double (and more) page count-- and for reasons I don't get, generally more outright _abuse_ than the older books or the newer ones; not wear and use, but like wadded up and stuffed in a pocket for a quick walk through the rain kind of abuse.  Pristine ones from 3e are a bit of work to track down.  From 4e, they're getting _rare_.  Part of why I want so much to make these as close to perfect as I can. 

I just got both bundles. 68 files in all! Holy cow! That’s roughly a dollar a file!

And let me say this: the Lands of Mystery PDF on its own is worth more than the whole bundle is priced! I dare you to try to even find a paper copy. I got one, accidentally, bundled with a pristine, wrapped in original plastic, boxed set of Justice Inc., and that was completely by happenstance. 

Both the bundles are an excellent value!