Silly idea of mine: Let's make horrible miscasts

Badger

3 minutes ago, tkdguy said:

I once suggested casting Bruce Campbell and Sandra Bernhard as Romeo and Juliet in the Nightmare Genre Crossovers thread. I was told not to do that to Bruce Campbell.

Indeed, would be better to cast Evil Ash as Juliet......after his resurrection.

On 11/16/2018 at 4:42 AM, Badger said:

The best I've seen of Nick Cage was in Raisinf Arizona.....let that sink in.

19 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

Same here.

I stand by my statement.

To be fair Cage has made a few gems amongst the stinkers.

Raising Arizona, Con Air, Red Rock West,  Leaving Las Vegas, The Rock, Moonstruck, Snake Eyes and Wild at Heart.

He has a Best Actor Oscar for Leaving Las Vegas.

Granted his money troubles mean he does a lot more movies that are of dubious quality.

And I hear good things of two of his recent efforts Mandy and Joe.

Seagal was good in Under Siege but I have qualms about some of his output. Usually if someone good is in the cast like Executive Decision, Half Past Dead and On Deadly Ground then they are worth watching. Incidentally Half Past Dead was the last cinema release Seagal had. Cage has a similar output but his films end up in the cinema and are not mostly direct to video.

I thought Nicolas Cage was just fine in the first Ghost Rider movie. It was an interesting take on the character, who I had never cared much about before that. And he was a lot of fun to watch in the two National Treasure movies. Completely formulaic, but good popcorn flicks.

9 hours ago, death tribble said:

To be fair Cage has made a few gems amongst the stinkers.

Raising Arizona, Con Air, Red Rock West,  Leaving Las Vegas, The Rock, Moonstruck, Snake Eyes and Wild at Heart.

He has a Best Actor Oscar for Leaving Las Vegas.

Granted his money troubles mean he does a lot more movies that are of dubious quality.

And I hear good things of two of his recent efforts Mandy and Joe.

Seagal was good in Under Siege but I have qualms about some of his output. Usually if someone good is in the cast like Executive Decision, Half Past Dead and On Deadly Ground then they are worth watching. Incidentally Half Past Dead was the last cinema release Seagal had. Cage has a similar output but his films end up in the cinema and are not mostly direct to video.

Totally forgot about The Rock (I guess he was in the eclipse of Sean Connery)

Segal videos are only good for the broken bone count. (my dad and me actually did that for the one with the voodoo gang twins)

17 hours ago, tkdguy said:

Surbrook's Stuff has a write-up of Steven Seagal. It's in the Movie-derived Adaptations section of the Character Archive. 

One of my favorite bits from that write-up:

Seagal seems to play the exact same character, or a variant thereof, in every movie he's in.

QFT.

Also amused by:

Steven Seagal created by Steven Seagal (as well as mama & papa Seagal)