It's an unpleasant day when.....

unclevlad

...you realize your half-year car insurance AND property taxes really should be paid today......

ouch.........

on the plus side, I got my cold-weather coffees on order, from a place I've used before and REALLY liked but hadn't used cuz their shipping cost was really bad.  Yes, well, they made some better arrangements and it's back to sane.  So perhaps my favorite espresso blend, a Sumatra, and a dry process Ethiopia on the way.  That helps...but they roast/ship only once a week so it'll be a bit before it gets hiere.  <sigh>

11 hours ago, Scott Ruggels said:

Will you please knock it off with the Trump bashing?  Take it to the political thread, not here, Okay?

Ladies and Gents, Scott is right on the money here. I remind you Simon wanted the politics contained in that thread. Please keep that in mind in the future.

31 minutes ago, tkdguy said:

As for this topic, here's my offering:

It's an unpleasant day when you wake up angry, and you're still angry when you go to bed.

That has happened far too many times for me.  What's worse is when there's no concrete reason to the anger -- and you know it and you still can't shake it. :(

... you have to spend part of your afternoon explaining to five or six dumb kids in a group of 30 or so that bullying, sexually explicit conversations, name-calling, aggressive behavior, sexism, racism, making fun of people with disabilities, the use of vulgar, profane, or obscene language, taking other people's personal property, and the like are not appropriate behavior in a high school classroom. Or anywhere else, really.