It's an unpleasant day when.....

unclevlad

On 11/17/2018 at 7:04 AM, IndianaJoe3 said:

...your card is declined at Walmart because your wife accidentally paid the mortgage twice.

That happened to me once. (Actually it wasn't really twice; it was just way too early, since the bank's online payment scheduling system upgraded, and their calendar no longer scheduled payments in the future, despite me clicking on a date like like the 1st of next month, and reverted to the next business day.)

The good news is that I called the mortgage company, and the refunded the payment for me, and even paid the extra fee to have the funds immediately available, which was very kind of them.

On 11/18/2018 at 2:32 AM, Bazza said:

When you go to the doctor and find you have high quantity of sugar in your blood...diagnosis is word starting with "d". 

I'm sorry to hear about that, mate. Has the doctor talked to you about any kind of plan for dealing with it?

You're walking to work, and no less than three a-holes in cars cut you off, even though you clearly had right of way. Small wonder I started cussing and yelling in the street.

Then you bang your knee, which was already giving you problems, in the most sensitive spot. Small wonder I started cussing and yelling in the office.

On 11/18/2018 at 2:32 AM, Bazza said:

When you go to the doctor and find you have high quantity of sugar in your blood...diagnosis is word starting with "d". 

How bout when your doctor...not his office, but the doc himself...calls you at 4:30 pm and says "go get these prescriptions filled NOW" after having taken your blood (to check A1c, aka blood sugars) that morning.  

To offer some encouragement, Bazza...got my blood sugars down from 300ish, when I got this call, to solidly 110ish after dinner, in about 3 months.  Lost 40-50 pounds over 6 months.  It does help I only feed me...don't have to have temptation floating around like cookies or sweets or anything for others.

9 hours ago, Cygnia said:

...news that your husband's grandmother may have ovarian cancer...

Sorry to hear that, Cygnia!

9 hours ago, Hermit said:

... your housemates have invited so many people at so many times that you're liable to get guests from 10 AM to 10 PM

That is a big PITA.

On 11/21/2018 at 10:14 PM, tkdguy said:

When you offer to take out the trash in the hopes of getting into a fistfight on the way.

Sorry, I need clarification: was it an unpleasant day because you wanted to get into a fistfight, or because you didn't get into the fistfight that you wanted?  And did you get into a fistfight on the way to the trash can?  If so, how badly did you hurt him?

2 hours ago, Old Man said:

Sorry, I need clarification: was it an unpleasant day because you wanted to get into a fistfight, or because you didn't get into the fistfight that you wanted?  And did you get into a fistfight on the way to the trash can?  If so, how badly did you hurt him?

One and two. Maybe, just maybe, my manager sensed I was in a bad mood and turned down my offer.

My son's apartment was robbed a month ago. My wife found a Black Friday deal on PS 4 Pro, to replace his. 

She got scammed.

So she found another one, and ordered it while it was still available.

Yep. Twice.

The good news is that we're getting both the transactions refunded to us.

Whew!

When your department at work gets phased out on December 14, and they haven't told the 4 people left what happens to them.

Note:  Not too worried, 90% sure, we get transferred to various other departments.  We weren't part of the meeting, of the ones being let go (most of them retirees, working part-time).  But, my paranoia has reached full power, regardless.  

Regardless, my working 2nd shift will be over.  I hate working 1st shift.