It's an unpleasant day when.....

unclevlad

As for my job situation, applied for 2 other jobs in the company,  one I think is slim to none, the other I feel is 50/50.  Probably wont hear anything before the end of my last week coming up**.

Then, again probably could use a week or 2 off to "get things together".  It will take a week really to get used to first shift mode, after 15 years of 2nd shift life for one.  And a couple projects around the house, I've put off can finally get done.  So, I plan to let things fall as they may until after Christmas.

**It took awhile when it came to hiring me 15 years ago.  2 1/2 weeks between the interview and being hired.  THey are historically usually slow and deliberate with personnel decisions.

Note: I guess I worry because I was unemployed for the entire year of 2002.  But, I have to remind myself, that was when I had 15 less years of job experience, and the local economy is probably the best it has been since I was in high school.  

My depression's been flaring up these past couple months and I'm worried about upping my dosage on my meds (which HAS been working -- don't get me wrong).  It's just that haunting fear of needing to up it -- and then what happens if that also starts to eventually plateau off.

I'm seeing my shrink this coming week, but it's gonna be a rough December anyways with shows and family obligations.

Got pulled over on Thursday. Apparently the motor vehicle registration expired back in September, and the DMV never sent us a notice. And I had a brake light out.

Cop was kind enough to give me a written warning for both, but finding a Franklin+ for the registration fee is being problematic.

On 12/8/2018 at 5:18 PM, Cygnia said:

My depression's been flaring up these past couple months and I'm worried about upping my dosage on my meds (which HAS been working -- don't get me wrong).  It's just that haunting fear of needing to up it -- and then what happens if that also starts to eventually plateau off.

I'm seeing my shrink this coming week, but it's gonna be a rough December anyways with shows and family obligations.

I too have been on medication for years and I am actually starting to worrry about longterm effects. I even see signs of a psychological need now. I will have my blood and liver values checked in January, just to be sure.

7 hours ago, Cygnia said:

Friend of my husband's has been diagnosed with ALS -- and his former job won't give him long-term disability, claiming it's "pre-existing".  The man's been deteriorating fast and he's only in his mid-50's.

The health care system in this country makes me so god damned angry. 

It is an unpleasant day when...

... the day/week/month is totally uneventfull until now

... at 17:31 your Landlord calls where the rent is, but you can not answer why because it is provided by social security directly.

... it is to late to call the social security office

... you are about to write a Email to ask what went wrong, when you realize: The approval period ran out with November 2018 and this is not November anymore

... you realize that you had the paperwork to renew the approval (4 pages, 15 minutes of work) all this time and just plain forgot it, because it was never an issue all those other years

... you decide to transfer the rent directly to your landlord, but thanks to some quirks of the bank group - and you never setting up online banking - you have to throw in the paperwork in a nearby small town rather then where you live*

... you still need recent Bank statements for the re-approval, but the branch office where you hand in the transfer order either no longer has a bank statement printer or it is locked away in the main room

... you have to drive a detour on the way back jsut to get new bank statements

... you realize that with the lack of social security payment this month and the transfer of the rent, you are suddenly very strapped for cash. Something you have avoided for years.

... it is now 20:14, not even 3 hours later and you are stressed

... you still have to go to the provider to clear this up for the comming year. At 08:00-12:00. When you sleep rythm looks like the printout of a earthquake

... with this stress it is unlikely you get to sleep and wake up in time, so the likely option is to stay awake through the night to be ready tomorrow morning

... you actually were hoping tomorrow would be a nice day of you playing in your "once every 14 day" Warhammer Fanatsay Group

And the most unpleasant part of it all: YOU CAN NOT EVEN BLAME ANYBODY BUT YOURSELF! You it was all you, stupid me!

*they have this wierd setup where every few villages there is a legally distinct bank. You can totally withdraw money and get bank statements from either branch office at no charge, but transfer orders in writing must be handed to the right branch office. And I literally had this account for decades, when I still lived in another town

I am still battling a cold so going shopping was cancelled. Mum decided that it was not worth getting the decorations put up.

However the bad news came from Eileen one of my father's first cousins. Her sister Heather has died at the age of 61. She had diabetes but picked up a cold and then an ear infection and then everything went haywire and she was gone in a couple of days. My mother is really upset. When my brother was being christened she came down with her family and she had to look after me briefly which greatly pleased her. I could not say Heather but I could say Feather so that was her name from then on. She leaves a husband and two daughters. Had not seen them since her mother's funeral over a decade ago.

Rest In Peace.

I just recently lost an Aunt to cancer. So I can relate.

On 12/20/2018 at 12:34 AM, Old Man said:

Awful news, DT and mattingly.  I suppose bad things don't have to wait for the holidays to be over.

The sad truth is that suicides tend to make a upturn over the hollidays. In cheerfull times depression become all the more pronounced.