It's an unpleasant day when.....

unclevlad

1 hour ago, Cygnia said:

That is scary, Starlord.  My husband has sleep apnea and is using a CPAP machine.  It's been helping a lot.  Hopefully, something similar would work for your wife.

Thanks, yeah, I guess that will be the next step.  She has to have another study before they set her up with a CPAP.

I hope I'd never have to have a CPAP, from what I know of it, it would be hell for me to get to sleep (I have a minor insomnia problem as is*).  I don't think wearing something on my face would work well, for sleeping purposes.

*Major when in college, but I have less problem with age

I started a CPAP last summer, and it has helped a lot. The mask took about a week to get used to, but fortunately I was in the middle of 7 graduate credit hours in four weeks at the time, so being exhausted enough to fall asleep despite the mask helped.

The machine and its attendant supplies are hella expensive, though.

23 hours ago, Pariah said:

I started a CPAP last summer, and it has helped a lot. The mask took about a week to get used to, but fortunately I was in the middle of 7 graduate credit hours in four weeks at the time, so being exhausted enough to fall asleep despite the mask helped.

The machine and its attendant supplies are hella expensive, though.

you see the story of the guy who made his machine look like a facehugger? (https://www.boredpanda.com/man-alien-facehugger-mask)

facehugger.jpg

But, my mother worries because she does hear me snore sometimes when walking down the hall by my door in the morning.  Though, I mainly snore sometimes because I have a tendency to sleep on my side with my chin tucked in on my chest.  Kind of squeezes the throat in a little sometimes, I guess.

From a friend of mine:

Flight delays required me to spend the night in Detroit.

Rental car with less than 500 miles on it blew a tire in rural Pennsylvania.

Now I'm live-troubleshooting tech issues for a medical billing call center.

It's been a long week.

And it's just Monday.

Apparently, despite my dinner theatre constantly selling out and getting good to great reviews, we have been getting the lowest tips out of my supervisor's four venues.

And she'll be coming in tomorrow to check up on us.  She's a good woman -- but she's a micromanager (and she'll even admit it).

It's an unpleasant holiday weekend when:

1. Your pipes back up, so you can't use the dishwasher.

2. The pipe in question is behind the wall in your room, where you have all your important books and miniatures. So you have to move all that stuff around.

3. You have to sleep in the spare room, because your bedroom smells bad.

4. The plumber won't come until the next day.

5. The plumber calls in sick, and the replacement comes in hours later.

6. The replacement tries to overcharge you and won't come down until you say you'll get someone else.

7. You still have to move your stuff back in.