Creating/Materializing Weapons

Mister Opiatic

Heya Duke. I agree, UBO and Focus are not mutually exclusive, never said they were. If I make a sword OAF, and I lend it to a comrade for a couple phases, I am NOT adding UBO just so they can do that: that is part of the limitation of a focus & it's part of that episode for comic book flair and fun. Quite frankly, I can't recall ever using UBO.

I use Transform as I wish; I don't hold onto the rules tightly. If a power concept works with Transform, I may use it regardless of what the rules say. The rules are there for my fun and I'll bend them (or ignore them) as I deem necessary for everyone's fun in the campaign. This is in part because as the editions go on, rules are changed and even reversed. I just know someone's going to say 'people thought it over and revised the rules to make the better' or something like that. I know of one power where things got changed, then changed back - no, not gonna look it up, don't have the concentration. Nonetheless, the rules are there as a guiding rule for fun, not a teacher who's gonna smack your hands with a ruler if you don't obey them.

3 hours ago, Tech said:

Heya Duke. I agree, UBO and Focus are not mutually exclusive, never said they were. If I make a sword OAF, and I lend it to a comrade for a couple phases, I am NOT adding UBO just so they can do that: that is part of the limitation of a focus & it's part of that episode for comic book flair and fun. Quite frankly, I can't recall ever using UBO.

If that happens once per campaign, this is certainly not UBO.

If you do it regulary, it is. And it is subject to all the scrutinty a UBO power should be due.

3 hours ago, Tech said:

I use Transform as I wish; I don't hold onto the rules tightly. If a power concept works with Transform, I may use it regardless of what the rules say. The rules are there for my fun and I'll bend them (or ignore them) as I deem necessary for everyone's fun in the campaign.

That is fine for your games. Just please say so when you post ideas on the Forums. It becomes really confusing if you start talking about Hero "Tech-version" as if it was 6E.

Christopher etc:

4 hours ago, Tech said:

If that happens once per campaign, this is certainly not UBO.

If you do it regulary, it is. And it is subject to all the scrutinty a UBO power should be due.

4 hours ago, Tech said:

I use Transform as I wish; I don't hold onto the rules tightly. If a power concept works with Transform, I may use it regardless of what the rules say. The rules are there for my fun and I'll bend them (or ignore them) as I deem necessary for everyone's fun in the campaign.

That is fine for your games. Just please say so when you post ideas on the Forums. It becomes really confusing if you start talking about Hero "Tech-version" as if it was 6E.

There's no confusion, nor has anyone ever said so on any of my posts, except now. When I ask the forums a question, I'm asking for their 6E (or 5th or whatever version they use) opinion. It's silly to expect everyone to abide by (or know) an individuals game rules/style. If I state my opinion on how I use the rules in the campaign, it's my opinion on how I use them. I expect people to give their answers by the rules. I was agreeing with Duke on Transform. I thought it was pretty obvious on how I use Transform as my opinion for the campaign I'm in.  And I don't talk 'tech-version' as if it was 6E.

I said I can't recall using UBO because it's just that: I haven't run into the situation requiring it.