Sign in to follow this  
RDU Neil

Dowloading Thread Content?

Is there any way to download the content of a thread in some basic text file format?

I posted a bunch of "actual play" content years ago, and I've now lost the original text files, but would love to just download the thread posts.

Is that at all possible?

Thanks!

Well, the way I've done it for years in Windows is to highlight the text in the post I want by holding down left-click and passing my cursor over it; Copy the text, either using the command in my drop-down Edit menu or pressing Ctrl + C; then Paste it into my preferred text program (menu command or Ctrl + V) and Save it in the desired format using the File menu. Like I just did with our conversation, Attached below. 😉

RDU.rtf

4 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Well, the way I've done it for years in Windows is to highlight the text in the post I want by holding down left-click and passing my cursor over it; Copy the text, either using the command in my drop-down Edit menu or pressing Ctrl + C; then Paste it into my preferred text program (menu command or Ctrl + V) and Save it in the desired format using the File menu. Like I just did with our conversation, Attached below. 😉

RDU.rtf

So manual only... but if there are 365 PAGES of posts that I need to copy... that seems like I'll need to take very long vacation to get it done.

But thanks for the response. I was hoping for some bulk download.

1 hour ago, dmjalund said:

I would personally copy into Excel, number each row in a new column, sort by text (superfluous text will tend to be in blocks) then sort by the original row number - instant(hah!) removal of unwanted text!

Dude, you are a _genius_!