Duke's scans

Duke Bushido

On 2/27/2019 at 2:16 PM, Amorkca said:

P102, c2, bottom of Page, Noise

P104, c2, top of page Noise - above and right of the Outlaw Box

P105, c2, OCV line Noise - before the 4 after DCV

P106, c1, p2 Noise - around the word campaign (8 instances)

P106, c1, p3 Noise - last line below the word “but”

P106, c2, P1 Noise - above and to the left of the word “they”

P106, c2, p2 Noise - right of the word “are” (2 instances)

P106, c2, Noise - Below the picture roughly 2.5” from the “106”

P107, c1, p3 Noise - between the words “for’ & “judgement”  (Also the j is weak)

P107, c2, Noise - below the “107”

P107, c2, Noise - 1” above the bottom of the picture

P108, c1, p3… Need to fix the sentence, “tired” should be “tried” (correct letters wrong order)

P108, c2, end of page Noise - beneath the word “as”

P109, c2, p3 Noise - third line of para by the word “after”

P113, c2, p2 … Missing “the” in the sentence “a captain of cavalry after war”

P113, c2, p6 Noise - around the words “refused to”

P114, c1, Noise - below and right of the word  “Experience”

P117, c2, p3… This sentence bugs me “to ride in down Pennsylvania Avenue:

- I think we need to remove the word “in”

P121, c2, Stat Block - Noise - around the word “Phases”

-

Finished the chapter P127

3 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

All right:

Round 2!

For those still watching, the first round of proofreading has resulted in-- as you've seen-- a long list of corrections to make.  Those have been made, a new PDF has been composed and distributed.

We're getting closer and closer.

We are??

Oh ya we are!!

P012, c2, bottom of page: noise under margin line, just right of center of c2

p026, c2, second paragraph under the heading "Role Playing."  First line: the italicized "Western Hero" is chunked up with Noise.  Same paragraph, last line: blob of noise over the word "character."

P027, c2, paragraph 8: noise at end of line "upstanding officer of the law, etc.  Define this character when you"  Noise just right and above "you".  Two lines later: exaggerate your character's quirks.  After all, they're what [NOISE] make"  Additional noise surrounding the work "make."

P028, c2, bottom: Noise around lower margin marker line

P029,c1, first line under header "Optional Combat Sequence": Last word "entirety" is filled with noise.  Directly under that line, after closing parenthesis, "The" isn't noisy, but is blurred.

Gentlemen:

Hold up a bit on the noise complaints.

I am going back to the pre-pdf files when I make the corrections, and a lot of what we're finding in the PDF isn't there in the originals. 

I suspect we're up against a compression-induced problem.  I doubly-suspect this, as this problem seems worse on those pages that were jpeg format as opposed to png or psd format. 

I may have to regroup here.  Give me a a bit to work on it. 

Thanks. 

Duke

Agreed, Scott; generally I work straight from PSDs.  However, some of the art repair was above my skill level.  I have a brother who is an artist and perfectly capable of doing-- likely in a few days-- what has taken me months to do (but I'm really enjoying it, so hey!  :)  ).  I have no idea why, but the pages he fixed for me he returned as jpegs-- the most corruptible of all formats.  Ugh.

14 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

Agreed, Scott; generally I work straight from PSDs.  However, some of the art repair was above my skill level.  I have a brother who is an artist and perfectly capable of doing-- likely in a few days-- what has taken me months to do (but I'm really enjoying it, so hey!  :)  ).  I have no idea why, but the pages he fixed for me he returned as jpegs-- the most corruptible of all formats.  Ugh.

Because they fit through Email without making your program Gag. Probably better to ask him if he could "Dropbox" the PSDs he fixed. Or have them resend as grayscale GIFs.

Okay guys; 

I've had a few minutes to look over things last night and currently.  Go ahead and report instances of noise from the original import.  Any black speckles, etc-- these are legitimate noise.  And grey or pale speckles or "fuzz" that's only visible at magnification-- that's compression issues.  I'm working on dealing with that.

• 2 months later...

Been a while, folks, but I promise:

I have _not_ given up.

In fact, I've been really, _really_ busy.  Well, it's _crawling_, but it's taking up almost all of my spare time.  The problem there is, of course, that I _really_ don't have a lot of spare time!  :lol:

The proofreaders and Chris and Scott (ta-da!) should by now have the first proofs of the repairs to the covers.

We've almost got a releasable result, guys! :D

Duke

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, guys.

It's done.

Now I've got to get Jason's attention and get it to him.

Then it's on to the next one:  I reckon I'll start with the first few Adventurers Clubs that a forum member was kind enough to loan me before deciding where to go next.  Star HERO (pet project) and Cyber HERO got back-burnered now that there are actual scans of those products in existence (though really: they could be a lot better. ;)  ).

I'm going to tell you straight-up that there is a thing in the Western HERO final version that bugs me:  The spine and the rear cover don't align quite properly.  However, I'm done.  I'm just done.  I've been using my precious and rare spare time on this, wedging it in here and there-- sometimes working on it _literally_ less than five minutes at a time, and what?  Since November last year?

I'm done.  I'm including the covers and spine as separate elements for anyone wishing to make corrections on their own.  I know it was a labor of love, but I just can't look at it any more......  Birdy's got to get the hell out of this nest!  :lol:

Based on the e-mail I received this morning, Western HERO is now in Jason's hands. 

I confirmed that Jason and his group are in fact the current copyright holders for the Adventurers Club, but I am afraid that I was _not_ given permission to continue on with that project. :(. I will likely do it for myself, just to have, but I am afraid I will not be able to make it available for distribution in the foreseeable future. 

Sorry, Toxxus.  :(

Duke 

12 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

Based on the e-mail I received this morning, Western HERO is now in Jason's hands. 

I confirmed that Jason and his group are in fact the current copyright holders for the Adventurers Club, but I am afraid that I was _not_ given permission to continue on with that project. :(. I will likely do it for myself, just to have, but I am afraid I will not be able to make it available for distribution in the foreseeable future. 

Sorry, Toxxus.  :(

Duke 

Hopefully you didn’t get permission because they’re already preparing their own digital versions of Adventurers Club?