Champions Creation Cards

Beast

17 hours ago, Ninja-Bear said:

I am finally able to order (which I just did) both decks! I’m anticipating them to come soon! (Hopefully under 14 days ?).

Let me know what you think of them. I hope you enjoy them, because I think they're a pretty cool idea. I'd like to build a set for fantasy that helps build different archetypes by race, class, etc. for simply and quickly starting a game to teach new folks. And probably cards for weapons and spells separately. But the Champions cards work great! I'm glad you got both decks.

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 3:11 PM, Ninja-Bear said:

I am finally able to order (which I just did) both decks! I’m anticipating them to come soon! (Hopefully under 14 days ?).

Hope they arrive soon!

I've noticed some discrepancies that you may find confusing with the cards and incorporating them with HD.

The Character cards (Strong/Dexterous/Determined, etc.) have been created with Characteristic Maxima so the totals for the characteristics are off from if you manually create the cards yourself.  Easy to fix if you want, but just an observation.

I've used them to start a new game, was originally just a lark build to see how the cards worked out randomly.  The players are enjoying these characters more than the game we were playing previously.

On 11/28/2018 at 3:55 PM, Takaholic said:

Here's how I created an HD Character using the CCC Cards:

To start the Character build, I chose Open Character and picked the Characteristic Card I wanted to use.  In this case #4 - Dexterous.

To add the other cards, I just chose Load Prefabs and chose the card file I wanted to use, then went to the appropriate tab, clicked on Prefab sub-tab, chose the now-loaded prefab and selected it to add it to the build.

It wasn't exactly intuitive, but it seems to work, and I had a rough build of my desired character in just a few minutes.

I hope this helps everyone who is as confused as I was.

I just started to mess around with it and this guide is very useful. It took me awhile to notice that the prefab has a select button on it 

• 2 weeks later...

I got the cards and they look great! I haven’t gotten through all of them yet. Some to be honest I’m not as thrilled with and felt could’ve been done better. Better in the sense of ease of play. Two off my head Science! and Super Biw and Arrows. Science because it’s what 10 empty science skills. I couldn’t name off that many off the top off my head during play. This card I think works as better as fewer slots with a higher bonus to each skill or as a massively large general Science skill and eachbwith a note that the player takes a penalty to skill roll for specific science question. The Suoer Bow is just listed as a MP but nothing listed. The throwing item (?) has at least 3 slot MP filled out. (Blast, KA and Entangle) whichbworks for Super Bow. Again in play the card itself doesn’t help, you’d have to have it figured out before hand.  I still like the concept though. Perhaps they’ll come out with a third deck. Perhaps it could be player suggestions?

21 hours ago, Ninja-Bear said:

I got the cards and they look great! I haven’t gotten through all of them yet. Some to be honest I’m not as thrilled with and felt could’ve been done better. Better in the sense of ease of play. Two off my head Science! and Super Biw and Arrows. Science because it’s what 10 empty science skills. I couldn’t name off that many off the top off my head during play. This card I think works as better as fewer slots with a higher bonus to each skill or as a massively large general Science skill and eachbwith a note that the player takes a penalty to skill roll for specific science question. The Suoer Bow is just listed as a MP but nothing listed. The throwing item (?) has at least 3 slot MP filled out. (Blast, KA and Entangle) whichbworks for Super Bow. Again in play the card itself doesn’t help, you’d have to have it figured out before hand.  I still like the concept though. Perhaps they’ll come out with a third deck. Perhaps it could be player suggestions?

You know, it wouldn’t be too hard to make your own cards and add them to the decks. They may not look the same, but who cares? You could replace the cards you don’t like with ones you prefer.