Non-canon COTN outtake

GestaltBennie

Hey Scott, is Void your version of the Void from the Great Supervillain Contest which was semi-unofficaly updated in a certain 4th edition suppliment? Honestly I forgot which one, but it turns out the "claw" which came from Void 1's chest is an extradimentinal monster which killed him to appear upon the earth.

On 12/1/2018 at 9:29 AM, steriaca said:

Hey Scott, is Void your version of the Void from the Great Supervillain Contest which was semi-unofficaly updated in a certain 4th edition suppliment? Honestly I forgot which one, but it turns out the "claw" which came from Void 1's chest is an extradimentinal monster which killed him to appear upon the earth.

SLIGHT SPOILER ON VOID HISTORY.

I don't know where you got that info from. I have the GSvC, which to my knowledge wasn't updated; correct me with specifics if I'm mistaken. At any rate, Void's origin from GSvC is unknown. Crimson Claw never came from Void's chest nor did it/he kill Void.

21 minutes ago, Tech said:

SLIGHT SPOILER ON VOID HISTORY.

I don't know where you got that info from. I have the GSvC, which to my knowledge wasn't updated; correct me with specifics if I'm mistaken. At any rate, Void's origin from GSvC is unknown. Crimson Claw never came from Void's chest nor did it/he kill Void.

I wasn't talking about the Crimson Claw. I was talking about The Void. To make things easy, lets call the original character V1, and that other thing V2.

V1, from what little we know about him, was a petty thieth who stolen a belt which made him intangible. We assumed the claw from his chest was created by the belt. This claw (V2) actually belonged to an extradimentinal monster of a different origin than the Crimson Claw, according to the history of the V2.

This may or may not be the thing named The Void as in the papers you can download here (call it V3).

It is common in comic books for multiple villains with the same name coexisting.

Thanks, Scott!

I don't know why, but I'm reminded of this:

"Maybe a quarter of it happened, and not like this."

Does Thundrax have a cute, gender-swapped 11-year-old clone brought up on Northern Guard comics? I know, I know, he'd be a lot gentler with her than Logan is here. On the other hand, it's been explained to me that the reason Logan is so upset is that when Cyclops retired, he became Chris Claremont. I know the timing doesn't work, but this is how I now imagine the relationship between Northern Guard comics and the "official" CU. 

On 12/3/2018 at 11:20 AM, Lawnmower Boy said:

Thanks, Scott!

I don't know why, but I'm reminded of this:

"Maybe a quarter of it happened, and not like this."

Does Thundrax have a cute, gender-swapped 11-year-old clone brought up on Northern Guard comics? I know, I know, he'd be a lot gentler with her than Logan is here. On the other hand, it's been explained to me that the reason Logan is so upset is that when Cyclops retired, he became Chris Claremont. I know the timing doesn't work, but this is how I now imagine the relationship between Northern Guard comics and the "official" CU. 

The closest that Craig has to a young sidekick is a teenage boy and girl (his godkids, the children of Frceknight III and Celestar) who occasionally share his adventures.

On 12/1/2018 at 12:37 AM, GestaltBennie said:

Highly unofficial, but potentially useful.

The Northern Guard.pdf

Thank you Scott.  Did you get a chance to see the adventure I made?

I might do a sequel where the PCs fight another Canadian supervillain...perhaps Borealis as Necrull is probably too creepy for a convention game.