Superdrafts 2019: To Boldly Go....

Pariah

14 hours ago, Old Man said:

I poked fun at a group of people without realizing that Doc Shadow was one.  I was hoping he'd be happier after yesterday.  Anyway, it's my fault.

I hardly think you can claim all the credit. There were several of us (and I'm one of them) who made comments along the same lines. And you're certainly not to blame for the vitriol of the reaction.

14 hours ago, Old Man said:

I poked fun at a group of people without realizing that Doc Shadow was one.  I was hoping he'd be happier after yesterday.  Anyway, it's my fault.

Not at all your fault. Nor is this the first time this has happened.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says that's probably enough said on that subject.

I just looked at the date and realized that I had not been here for a couple of days and that the Feb. Superdraft would be already underway.  I hurried over to make my belated picks only to find everything was gone.

Hm.

That's what I get for not stopping by more often, I guess.

So.... King Kirby, you say!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you to Bazza for stepping up and running the King Kirby Superdraft on short notice! If any of you readers haven't voted on this one yet, do it soon. Time is running out!

Any thought on March? Or should we just take a month off after a tumultuous start to the year?

Oh heck, I'll volunteer. I've been terrible about follow through I saw Umbrella Academy recently (not bad lot I liked about it , some I was more meh on, but it's origin premise is intriguing) so I'd like to do something in that vein.

Essentially, On the same day, forty-three infants are inexplicably born to random, unconnected women who showed no signs of pregnancy the day before.

Seven are adopted by one person of means, who creates a group and prepares his/her "children" to save the world.  So each player picks a day month and year their 'seven' are born and what year their mentor/parent dies. This rewrites origins, so what this means is you can have Peter Parker get his powers not from a bite, but exist from childhood on and his adopted sister Ororo Munroe aka Storm (Though obviously they'd share a surname in this universe). Obviously with such drastic changes, the character themselves would be pretty much elseworlds territory but folks might enjoy that.

That interest anyone?

56 minutes ago, Pariah said:

I'm assuming this would involve heroes with innate powers, not gadgeteers or highly-trained normals. Or aliens. Or mythological gods/hereoes.

(So of the original cinematic Avengers, really only...Hulk?)

Well, ONE of the Seven might prove to have no innate powers, to honor Seven, who as we all know is powerless violin player who is very ordinary

If you read the comics or seen the show, then youknow that's BS but hey, it gives us an opening for a young Dick Grayson or what not

But I think a rule where at least four have to have innate powers is wise. That said...aliens or magic beings might still work, whose to say HOW those women got mysteriously pregnant after? How fast and loose do folks want to play with that?

6 hours ago, Pariah said:

Aliens/gods/magical beings playing fast and loose and impregnating our women?! I say thee nay!

Good day to you, sir!

? 

6 hours ago, Cancer said:

What, you want them impregnating our MEN?!? :eek: 

I say thee aye!

Lucius Alexander

But not impregnating my palindromedary!

• 4 weeks later...