Annoyances

Badger

And while we're on the topic: Why are cashews so Belgium expensive? A two-pound (0.9 kg) jar is sixteen bucks! It was $9.99 just a couple of years ago!

I blame Congress. And the President. And the Supreme Court. Oh, and Vladimir Putin, too.

44 minutes ago, Badger said:

Getting behind the guy at Subway, who wants everything on his sub, but has to say each item one at a time......with......long.....pauses.

Bonus: if he is ordering for his entire family.

Hey, I resemble that guy, too! :lol:

In all fairness to me, it's usually because I've given the ....  ah-hu-heh-hee-hem...  "artist"....   aheh-hurumphem....  Sorry.  I had something stupid caught in my throat.  

As I was saying, it's usually because I've given the kid behind the counter the exact list twice, and he's only remembered the first item the first time, the second item the second time....

Yeah.   I just get tired of repeating it.

Heh, the bonus one I mentioned happened one night on my lunch break.  It basically took about 8 minutes to Subway and back.  Despite that, thanks to that guy (admittedly it was somewhat crowded before him) my hour lunch break lasted 1 hour-8 minutes (after a gobbled down a foot long in record time-about 6 minutes give or take)

Yep.

I get a thirty minute break myself.  If there are two people in line at Subway, I don't even try.  I just head to the grocery store and see what's on the deadly counter.  Uh, deli counter. Yeah.  Deli.

Problem is in the town where I work, if it's after 1 thirty or so (and I get my break at 2), you likely ain't eaitin'.

Used to bag leftovers till the gets got old enough to make sure there never are any.  :lol:

Just now, Starlord said:

Stopped using Steam, I prefer GOG.

Man, do you remember back when you got games on these little square and circular thingies about the size of a palm and you could just keep installing them and installing them and never needed to use an internet to get the game you paid for on your computer? 

Those were the daaaaays. 

Speaking of lines...

One rarely sees anyone write a check any more.  I only see them, that I can remember anyway, at the supermarket.  

The annoyance...when the person stares off into space throughout the process...multiple bags' worth...only THEN pulling the checkbook out to even START writing the check.  

Similar vein...when it's reasonably busy, and someone tries to use a 10 Items or Less lane with a full, large cart.

And since I'm on the subject...last week for the 2nd time, some git had their pet fuzzball in the grocery store.  Mini schnauzer or the like, IIRC.  NOT!! a service dog, just a pet.  Happened once over the summer, too...but soon after, they put up a sign saying Service Animals Yes, Pets No.  So this self-centered git ignored THAT, too.  Which in itself is probably not surprising.  Anyone who thinks it's ok to bring a dog into a grocery store clearly demonstrates a disregard for others, IMO.  

1 hour ago, unclevlad said:

Speaking of lines...

One rarely sees anyone write a check any more.  I only see them, that I can remember anyway, at the supermarket.  

The annoyance...when the person stares off into space throughout the process...multiple bags' worth...only THEN pulling the checkbook out to even START writing the check.  

Similar vein...when it's reasonably busy, and someone tries to use a 10 Items or Less lane with a full, large cart.

And since I'm on the subject...last week for the 2nd time, some git had their pet fuzzball in the grocery store.  Mini schnauzer or the like, IIRC.  NOT!! a service dog, just a pet.  Happened once over the summer, too...but soon after, they put up a sign saying Service Animals Yes, Pets No.  So this self-centered git ignored THAT, too.  Which in itself is probably not surprising.  Anyone who thinks it's ok to bring a dog into a grocery store clearly demonstrates a disregard for others, IMO.  

Fun fact about that. If, at this late date, someone just carries their dog into the supermarket, it is because they are crazy. (Or drunk, that happens, too.)

Crazy people are very, very hard to deal with. Like, you cannot persuade them that they are doing something wrong. If they happen to be little old ladies, it can also be very hard to justify putting security on them --if you even have it on hand. Preventing crazy people from doing crazy things at the grocery store is very, very wearing. It has often occurred to me that it would be better for all if they just got a better job that took up their time, for example as. . 

Oops, sorry. Wrong thread.