Westphall Theory From St Elsewhere

Bazza

• 2 months later...

Thinking about this recently. With Stan Lee's cameo in Captain Marvel (him learning lines from Mallrats) an argument could then be made that Stan Lee's non MCU cameos are just his "character" traveling to other universes to tell stories to the Watchers. Thus they exist within the MCU. 

A Stan Lee MCU version of the Westphall Theory. 

I’ve always assumed that the Stan Lee cameos we see are not supposed to be the same person.  He’s just random old men who all happen to be played by Stan Lee.

As far as the Tommy Westphall universe, I don’t buy that he created everything.  More likely he included characters from TV shows that he had seen in his fantasy.

I thought the MCU had their own explanation of the Stan Lee thing.  I think it was in the second GotG movie where Stan was in a space suit sitting on a asteroid talking to a group of Watchers, the idea was that he was one of the Recorders. In the comics they are group of androids that record events on a number of different planets.  In the MCU they just happen to look like an old man named Stan.

In Captain Marvel you just get to see the real thing.