Pariah

Third Edition Renaissance

I posted this to some thread, but I can't remember, and it's probably locked.  This thread is active, and it's on topic, so I'm posting it here.  

Some time back, I created a third edition Champions Google Spreadsheet.  A couple of people besides myself have contributed (sadly, I'm not sure who).  The two things it most reliably does are generate a Characteristics block (including doing the math), and creating a Power writeup.  And, I've made some improvements.  You can provide alternate text for custom Advantages and Limitations.  

And it does in fact create a Power writeup!  Through the magic of a lot of nested parentheses.  You can have it generate something like this: 

Basic Apportation. Teleport: 5" (10 Base Points). Advantages: Indirect (source point; +1/2); Normally Invisible Power Effects (visible to Mental Awareness and similar; +1/2); Based on ECV (see text; +1); Usable On Others (+1/2); Ranged (+1/2) (40 Active Points). Modifiers: None. (40 Modified Points). Limitations: Concentration (0 DCV, instant; -1/2); Tells (chosen by player; -1/4); Resisted (by Mental Defense, Paraphysics Skill Roll, or Apportation/Teleportation, see text; -1/2); Usable Only On Others (-1/2); Only Teleports To Or From user (-1/4) Real Cost: 13 Points. END Cost: 8

Some of those Modifiers are not stock 3rd edition.  To create a custom, or rename an existing one, choose the appropriate Advantage or Limitation (e.g. "Limited Power 1/2").  In the Advantage Alt Text or Limitation Alt Text, type the name you want to give it, such as "Not Vs. Cabbage".  In the Advantage Parenthetical Text or Limitation Parenthetical Text, type something in here, like "cole slaw only".  

It will then insert into the Power writeup:  Not Vs. Cabbage (cole slaw only; -1/2)

Warning:  It's not bulletproof.  It has no modifier intelligence.  It expects you to know the amount and base cost; you have to select, for instance, Teleport from the list, and for Amount enter 5", and for Base Cost enter 10.  It will take it from there, though.  There are also occasional minor bugs in it; I'm chasing those down off and on.  And it doesn't generate a character sheet; you'll want to copy and paste whatever the finished text is that you want to pull out.  

If you use it, I recommend saving a copy to your own Google Drive, then saving a new copy every so often.  

Edit to add:  You can create a custom Power by selecting Custom, then overwriting the name with whatever you choose, and ignoring the warning that comes up.  

On 4/11/2019 at 2:17 PM, Chris Goodwin said:

Some time back, I created a third edition Champions Google Spreadsheet.  A couple of people besides myself have contributed (sadly, I'm not sure who).  The two things it most reliably does are generate a Characteristics block (including doing the math), and creating a Power writeup.  And, I've made some improvements.  You can provide alternate text for custom Advantages and Limitations. 

And I've been busy.  I've added a number of power builders (Armor, Energy Blast, Invisibility, Killing Attack) and a generic power builder that I'm particularly proud of! 

Mostly it's for building powers, and involves switching to the right sheet, entering some data, making some choices, then copy-pasting to another sheet, repeat until done.  It has no saving functionality, except for saving a copy of the whole spreadsheet.  To make multiple powers you need to repeat the above process multiple times.  

But it does the math for you, which is not nothing!

This next character is someone I originally built under 5th edition rules, and recently decided to rebuild under 3rd Edition. It was interesting to see the differences after the fact.

I give you the sentinel of the Stones: Onyx!

spacer.png spacer.png

I really need to do some character images and disadvantage sets. Then I can start churning out characters.

FISS characters are actually very easy. Ones with blasts as well are trickier.

In general:

100 points divided between DEX, CON, ED and SPD

100 points of powers, eg:

40 +40 Str (Total 50)

40 +12/+12 Armour (or Damage Resistance, PD and ED)

20 10" Flight

There's 200 points.

In addition the character needs Int, Pre, Com and Skills. Say 25 points, but you can shave a little if you must.

That gives 25 points left over. Not quite enough for a decent blast, but there are ways around it. On the other hand, the character is paying full End for his or her Strength, so that should probably be fixed.

It's just this little bit which is tricky with these characters.

As you can see, I tend to leave their defenses on the low side. That's because I tend to buy their Dex and Spd up. This makes End costs particularly important.

EDIT: To add an EB, you could use an Elemental Control, replacing the Armour and Flight, plus 20 of the 25 left over points.

You can still reduce the End cost on their Strength with the remaining points, plus what you can shave from the Int/Pre/etc allocation.