When should the Christmas Tree Come Down

Hermit

When should the Christmas tree in a House Be taken down?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. When should a Christmas tree in a House be taken down?

• The Day after Christmas
    • New Year's Eve or New Year's Day
    • By Jan 6
    • By Jan 12
    • By Ground Hog's Day
    • Not even then!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/16/2019 at 08:04 PM

Actually, if we use the small tree 4-foot), it comes down sometime in mid-January.  The long delays happened when we used the large (8-foot) tree.  Stripping the ornaments etc. off isn't the issue; the problem is breaking it back to sections, getting those back into the box, and herking the box back into the crawlspace.

My uncle didn't get the tree out to the curb for the scheduled tree pickup in the first week of January, so it sat in their house until late April, at which point all the needles had effectively shed onto the floor.  In order to get rid of it without having to pay the extra fee or face the embarrassment of putting it out that late, he used a hacksaw to cut it into little pieces and put them in with the rest of the trash in bags so that regular garbage pickup would take it.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

of course, since I don't put up a tree I don't have to worry about such matters. :angel:

First year in my apartment, I drew a Christmas tree with crayon and taped it to the wall.  For a few years after that I had a little one-foot potted tree that I got from the supermarket.

Then I got married and am now obligated to spend close to a hundred dollars on a tree every year.

Gotta level with you:

Our house was originally built to be a multi-generational house.  Think "farmhouse" but twisted and re-arranged to become a suburban three-story thing.  It's _not_ the house I would have chosen for myself (had a nice house on twenty six acres, with a large pond, a barn, etc...  But when this house came up, my wife just _had_ to have it.  Turns out it was the house she was raised in.  So we sold my little piece of perfect and swapped over to a one-acre lot (that is almost completely filled with house) and the extensive forest around us for neighbors.  Man that sucks.  Anyway--)

Because of the size of the house and the odd layout, there are rooms and closets that just don't get used, including a massive second pantry in the dining room (I think it's called a "butler's pantry," but what do I know?).   Third year we lived here, I put casters on the tree stand (artificial tree).  Now on the first weekend in July, I unplug it, wrap the whole thing in a couple of sheets, and wheel it into the unused pantry until next December.

Best stupid thing I have ever done.  :lol:

34 minutes ago, Bazza said:

Why put up a tree to begin with? You only have to take it down again. 

By the same token, why change underwear?  You just have to do it again tomorrow.  :lol:

Seriously, though: it's just a fun thing to do for a lot of us.  If it's not fun for someone else, then I encourage them not to do it.