How do Megascale senses work?

dofg_mu

Question

Senses with the Megascale advantage are mentioned a few places in the books, but no details about how they work, other than the range modifier.  Would Megascale senses take extra time to use (like attacks and movement) and make you 0 OCV and 1/2 DCV?  How about Megascale Clairsentience?

1 answer to this question

First, I should note that Senses, as Special Powers, typically shouldn’t have Advantages applied to them. The GM can allow this anyway, of course; there are a number of examples in published HERO System books (such as MegaScaling the sensors on a starship). But it’s not something that should occur routinely.

Second, in some cases there are specific rules for using MegaSenses. For example, see APG 138 for the rules about buying MegaSenses to see obstacles in time to avoid colliding with them when using a MegaMovement power.

Third, the rules on 6E1 340, bottom left, specify that using any MegaScaled power requires a Full Phase Action and reduces the character to ½ DCV (except, of course, where more specific rules override this, as with avoiding obstacles when MegaMoving). So that applies to any standard use of MegaSenses, unless the GM rules otherwise.

I think that about covers it. If there’s some specific aspect of MegaSenses that I’ve overlooked, please PM me or post a follow-up question. Thanks!