How do you draw an X?

Starlord

4 hours ago, Old Man said:

In all seriousness, cursive writing was flat out not taught to my kids in elementary school.  It's no longer part of the curriculum.  One teacher offered some minimal instruction in it as an afterthought  after-school workshop for a few weeks.

Same for my youngest niece. There's a certain logic in spending the time on keyboarding skills, but I'm kind of sad to see it go. On the bright side, we old farts will soon have a secret code.

4 hours ago, Tjack said:

I do a 7, but I have a question I don’t think anybody asked.    Why do you ask?   

Is there supposed to be some significance to a persons answer or is this a “button then zip or zip then button” kind of thing.

It seems to be a fad/sharepic going around the internet. I first saw it on Facebook. Wich is the reason I had a answer so quickly.

I would think if nothing else cursive would be effective for unique signatures.  Someone's print style would seem like it would be easier to duplicate.

Though, since no one pays in checks anymore other than me sometimes maybe that doesn't matter. (Note: well contracts needs signing too)

10 hours ago, Badger said:

Well, I wasn't going to get into that one but, I find with my older pants the button should be first because without doing so old zippers seem to want to de-zip themselves

I have the same issue. I need to button first to allow easy Zipping.

Unfortunatly I do forget to Zip up quite a lot.

3 hours ago, Badger said:

I was taught open. And although I want to go closed, decades of muscle memory will never allow me for long. :weep:

I write it open top too. Propably happened because I used to use Graph paper and it was easier to alling all the lines with the squares.

3 hours ago, Badger said:

So who puts a "nose" on their 1s?

I do. The only downside is that I have to put a horizontal bar into my 7's. But then I really dislike ambiguity.

I only put a bar on a 7 when teaching about inequalities. Since my handwriting (in print or in cursive) isn't so good, it helps avoid any misunderstanding.

I used to write a 4 with a closed top, but I switched to open to avoid confusion with a 9. Again, bad handwriting, which is getting even worse along with my eyesight.