PamelaIsley

A Modified Champions Universe

I was just thinking about the lack of blasters and some high tech.  If you want an in game mechanical reason why some use blasters, someone once remarked on a house rule for  Real World Item (-1/4).  This is generally the idea that it needs to be cleaned, have regular maintenance and no mater how high the DC of the weapon it will bot hurt a safe or an APC.  He added on idea for a super's campaign: 

Real weapons have reduced penetration vs anything that is not Real World Tech/super powers.  So an AK-47 (2d6 RKA) will be two 1d6 RKA for purposes of calculating damage.  So anyone with 15/15 resistant def or above is practically immune to the rifle fire.  A Stinger Missile (4d6 RKA) becomes 2 x 2d6 RKA, or no measurable damage to the super.  Basically this means a person with 30 resistant pd can bounce main battle tank shells.

Real Armour becomes less effective, so all super attacks become Armour Piercing.  So that APC with resist def of 12 PD when faced with a 10d6 normal attack, has a def of 6.  Suddenly supers are more dangerous, and high tech super gear (ie Blaster rifles and poly carbon armour with memory matrixes) become viable to use under certain circumstances.  

I plan to try them out if and when I can get a group together!

Something to think about!

1 minute ago, Mr. R said:

I was just thinking about the lack of blasters and some high tech.  If you want an in game mechanical reason why some use blasters, someone once remarked on a house rule for  Real World Item (-1/4).  This is generally the idea that it needs to be cleaned, have regular maintenance and no mater how high the DC of the weapon it will bot hurt a safe or an APC.  He added on idea for a super's campaign: 

Not bad ideas, but exactly the opposite of what I prefer.  :)

I want no blasters because I find them silly.  And I want real world weapons to hurt superheroes.  I definitely think all but the mightiest bricks should be hurt by a missile!

15 hours ago, Mr. R said:

Real weapons have reduced penetration vs anything that is not Real World Tech/super powers.  So an AK-47 (2d6 RKA) will be two 1d6 RKA for purposes of calculating damage.  So anyone with 15/15 resistant def or above is practically immune to the rifle fire.  A Stinger Missile (4d6 RKA) becomes 2 x 2d6 RKA, or no measurable damage to the super.  Basically this means a person with 30 resistant pd can bounce main battle tank shells.

Real Armour becomes less effective, so all super attacks become Armour Piercing.  So that APC with resist def of 12 PD when faced with a 10d6 normal attack, has a def of 6.  Suddenly supers are more dangerous, and high tech super gear (ie Blaster rifles and poly carbon armour with memory matrixes) become viable to use under certain circumstances.  

I plan to try them out if and when I can get a group together!

Something to think about!

Well, Blasters are clumsy and random.