Multiple Attack House Rules Question

Toxxus

I'm currently running a Fantasy Hero campaign and I wanted the weapon choices to have an impact on fighting style for the characters.  I thought Pillars of Eternity did a fantastic job with this and wanted something similarly cool for my HERO game.

So far I have:

1-  Two-Handed weapon wielders can Multiple Attack two enemies in reach in a big sweeping attack, but not the same opponent multiple times due to their size and weight.

2-  Dual Wielders can Multiple Attack the same enemy twice, but not hit separate opponents.   I'm not completely happy with the way this one feels.

3-  One-Handed weapon wielders that leave one hand empty can do weapon damage after a one-handed Grab maneuver instead of squeezing or throwing.  A dirty fighting favorite - the Grab and Stab.

4-- Weapon and Shield fighters can Multiple Attack alternating weapon and shield bash.

Would appreciate any ideas to make these 4 modes feel more specialized.

37 minutes ago, Toxxus said:

1-  Two-Handed weapon wielders can Multiple Attack two enemies in reach in a big sweeping attack, but not the same opponent multiple times due to their size and weight.

Spreading an attack (6E2 49) :
"
Alternately, a character may Spread his attack to hit more than one target. Te character loses 1 Damage Class for each 1m radius Area he wants to fll with his attack."

Two Handed weapons are high DC, so easier to loose a few DC.

2-  Dual Wielders can Multiple Attack the same enemy twice, but not hit separate opponents.   I'm not completely happy with the way this one feels.

Combined Attack (6E2 74):
"Using two or more powers or similar abilities (but not Combat/Martial Maneuvers or the like) once against a single target isn’t a Multiple Attack. It’s a Combined Attack, and counts as type of Strike. Terefore it has no OCV penalty, doesn’t halve the attacker’s DCV, and doesn’t take a Full Phase to perform."

Even if the weapons are not the same size, I would consider them a Combined attack.

3-  One-Handed weapon wielders that leave one hand empty can do weapon damage after a one-handed Grab maneuver instead of squeezing or throwing.  A dirty fighting favorite - the Grab and Stab.

That is only an issue with the Free Attack you get to begin with (6E2 62):
"Afer performing a Grab, in that same Segment a character can only Squeeze, Slam, or Trow the target as an immediate attack. He can’t use any other maneuvers or attacks (unless the GM so permits, and even in that case, using another attack should mean releasing the Grab in most circumstances). In later Phases he can use any attacks he wants (provided he has the free limbs or other means to do so)."

In all following phases you could always use your weapon.

4-- Weapon and Shield fighters can Multiple Attack alternating weapon and shield bash. 

I am pretty sure that is allowed by RAW. The equipment section even deals with questions like "What is the Weapon Lenght of a Shield?"

Something maybe worth picking up is HSMA. It has some intersting new Maneuvers, like "Bind" - wich disables a enemy weapon.

1 hour ago, Christopher said:

Combined Attack (6E2 74):
"Using two or more powers or similar abilities (but not Combat/Martial Maneuvers or the like) once against a single target isn’t a Multiple Attack. It’s a Combined Attack, and counts as type of Strike. Terefore it has no OCV penalty, doesn’t halve the attacker’s DCV, and doesn’t take a Full Phase to perform."

Even if the weapons are not the same size, I would consider them a Combined attack.

Something maybe worth picking up is HSMA. It has some intersting new Maneuvers, like "Bind" - wich disables a enemy weapon.

Thanks for the book reference - I'll go check that one out.

Not sure I'd let someone execute a second attack without penalty just because they have two one-handed weapons drawn.  That seems to contradict Two Weapon Fighting.  I'll read it again to be sure I'm not missing something.