Funny Pics II: The Revenge

"The formulae that will save the world are in my study, 3rd rack up from the floor next to the blackboard, 4th reel in.  It's a 9-track 1200 bpi half-inch mag tape.  It's encrypted, but the password is 'HasturHasturHastur', no spaces and capital H's."

6 hours ago, Ockham's Spoon said:

VCR_Message.png.ae8c30cbfd46daf8269cf62e40a42f00.png

Hate to say it, but I have a bunch of old VCR cassettes (including my wedding video) but no way to play them.

I have two working (as far as I know) VCR’s but no way to get them to connect to the (too many bells & whistles) big screen TV I was given.

1 hour ago, Tjack said:

I have two working (as far as I know) VCR’s but no way to get them to connect to the (too many bells & whistles) big screen TV I was given.

You could use something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Converter-ABLEWE-Composite-Supporting-Blue-Ray/dp/B07RX69KR8/ref=sr_1_3?crid=7Q8G9UOBO6U6&dchild=1&keywords=composite+to+hdmi+converter&qid=1627612221&sprefix=composite+to+%2Caps%2C213&sr=8-3

You will need a set of composite cables to connect the VCR to the converter, and an HDMI cable to connect to the TV. The converter uses an included USB cable for power, most newer TVs will have USB plugs for powering devices like this, or you can use a phone charger.

When I was experimenting with my old VCR a few months ago, I was able to attach it to my A/V receiver, which has one set of composite inputs, which may be another option.

5 hours ago, Ternaugh said:

You could use something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Converter-ABLEWE-Composite-Supporting-Blue-Ray/dp/B07RX69KR8/ref=sr_1_3?crid=7Q8G9UOBO6U6&dchild=1&keywords=composite+to+hdmi+converter&qid=1627612221&sprefix=composite+to+%2Caps%2C213&sr=8-3

You will need a set of composite cables to connect the VCR to the converter, and an HDMI cable to connect to the TV. The converter uses an included USB cable for power, most newer TVs will have USB plugs for powering devices like this, or you can use a phone charger.

When I was experimenting with my old VCR a few months ago, I was able to attach it to my A/V receiver, which has one set of composite inputs, which may be another option.

I don’t know what happened Officer. That nice fellow with the hairy lip got possessed by the Devil and started speaking in tongues.  So being a good Christian, I went over to my truck, got my shotgun and blew his head off.

I bet it happened ‘cause he got one of those vaccines.

19 minutes ago, Tjack said:

I don’t know what happened Officer. That nice fellow with the hairy lip got possessed by the Devil and started speaking in tongues.  So being a good Christian, I went over to my truck, got my shotgun and blew his head off.

I bet it happened ‘cause he got one of those vaccines.

Sorry, channeling a previous life.

235441935_NameBadge(2).thumb.jpg.8697dda8de7372ad4a349679691b56ef.jpg

17 hours ago, wcw43921 said:

Whoda thunk that the lamp from A Christmas Story was an actual thing.  .  .

spacer.png

Actually the lamp from the movie had only one leg as that was the logo for the Nehi (pronounced “knee-high”) soda company.  Occasionally on M*A*S*H you’ll hear Radar ask for a Grape Nehi soda. It was a very big company in the Midwestern U.S. 

And with his King Geek title once more assured, Tjack returned to the Fortress of Geekitude and waited to once again sally forth (since he was being a big Sally) and correct the internet for the enlightenment & entertainment of everyone (re: nobody)