Jump to content

Funny Pics II: The Revenge


Logan.1179
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The formulae that will save the world are in my study, 3rd rack up from the floor next to the blackboard, 4th reel in.  It's a 9-track 1200 bpi half-inch mag tape.  It's encrypted, but the password is 'HasturHasturHastur', no spaces and capital H's."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Ockham's Spoon said:

VCR_Message.png.ae8c30cbfd46daf8269cf62e40a42f00.png

 

Hate to say it, but I have a bunch of old VCR cassettes (including my wedding video) but no way to play them.


    I have two working (as far as I know) VCR’s but no way to get them to connect to the (too many bells & whistles) big screen TV I was given.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tjack said:


    I have two working (as far as I know) VCR’s but no way to get them to connect to the (too many bells & whistles) big screen TV I was given.

 

You could use something like this:

 

https://www.amazon.com/Converter-ABLEWE-Composite-Supporting-Blue-Ray/dp/B07RX69KR8/ref=sr_1_3?crid=7Q8G9UOBO6U6&dchild=1&keywords=composite+to+hdmi+converter&qid=1627612221&sprefix=composite+to+%2Caps%2C213&sr=8-3

 

You will need a set of composite cables to connect the VCR to the converter, and an HDMI cable to connect to the TV. The converter uses an included USB cable for power, most newer TVs will have USB plugs for powering devices like this, or you can use a phone charger.

 

When I was experimenting with my old VCR a few months ago, I was able to attach it to my A/V receiver, which has one set of composite inputs, which may be another option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ternaugh said:

 

You could use something like this:

 

https://www.amazon.com/Converter-ABLEWE-Composite-Supporting-Blue-Ray/dp/B07RX69KR8/ref=sr_1_3?crid=7Q8G9UOBO6U6&dchild=1&keywords=composite+to+hdmi+converter&qid=1627612221&sprefix=composite+to+%2Caps%2C213&sr=8-3

 

You will need a set of composite cables to connect the VCR to the converter, and an HDMI cable to connect to the TV. The converter uses an included USB cable for power, most newer TVs will have USB plugs for powering devices like this, or you can use a phone charger.

 

When I was experimenting with my old VCR a few months ago, I was able to attach it to my A/V receiver, which has one set of composite inputs, which may be another option.


     I don’t know what happened Officer. That nice fellow with the hairy lip got possessed by the Devil and started speaking in tongues.  So being a good Christian, I went over to my truck, got my shotgun and blew his head off.

    I bet it happened ‘cause he got one of those vaccines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Tjack said:


     I don’t know what happened Officer. That nice fellow with the hairy lip got possessed by the Devil and started speaking in tongues.  So being a good Christian, I went over to my truck, got my shotgun and blew his head off.

    I bet it happened ‘cause he got one of those vaccines.

 

Sorry, channeling a previous life.

 

235441935_NameBadge(2).thumb.jpg.8697dda8de7372ad4a349679691b56ef.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, wcw43921 said:

Whoda thunk that the lamp from A Christmas Story was an actual thing.  .  .

 

spacer.png


    Actually the lamp from the movie had only one leg as that was the logo for the Nehi (pronounced “knee-high”) soda company.  Occasionally on M*A*S*H you’ll hear Radar ask for a Grape Nehi soda. It was a very big company in the Midwestern U.S. 

       And with his King Geek title once more assured, Tjack returned to the Fortress of Geekitude and waited to once again sally forth (since he was being a big Sally) and correct the internet for the enlightenment & entertainment of everyone (re: nobody)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...