Funny Pics II: The Revenge

8 hours ago, Hugh Neilson said:

Actually, Halloween Wanda looked pretty comparable to her comic book appearance in her first 20+ years. Vision, not so much.

True, but remember they're just average, everyday suburban folk celebrating Halloween--not full-on cosplayers.

I do hope that Olsen and Bettany get Best Actress and Actor Emmys for this show.  And if either Kat Dennings or Kathryn Holm could get a Best Supporting Actress, that would be really great, too.

I don't recall ever having a collar quite that wide, but I do remember wearing button down Oxford cloth shirts with knit ties.

And when I was in elementary and middle school, my ears stuck out prominently from the sides of my head. I like to use the old Jimmy Cagney bit about looking like a taxi with both doors open.

9 hours ago, Cancer said:

Well, the music was better.

I also am old enough to have lived through the ‘70’s and due to a misspent youth far too much of it was spent in bars and discos (not drinking, I worked with a few bands as a roadie) so while I am pained to admit some of the dance music back then is more palatable now and the folk/rock stuff was nice.....most of the music stunk.  As an example I give you...........Rick Dees’ musical masterpiece,  Disco Duck!

1 hour ago, Tjack said:

I also am old enough to have lived through the ‘70’s and due to a misspent youth far too much of it was spent in bars and discos (not drinking, I worked with a few bands as a roadie) so while I am pained to admit some of the dance music back then is more palatable now and the folk/rock stuff was nice.....most of the music stunk.  As an example I give you...........Rick Dees’ musical masterpiece,  Disco Duck!

It's a constant that most of the music stunk for just about every era. Much of it is made to be disposable, to chart for a few weeks, and then fade into obscurity. It's especially prevalent in dance music, and there's a ton of disco songs that I barely remember when replayed now. "Disco Duck" is more familiar to me, but that's probably because I've listened to a fair share of novelty songs over the years (thank you Dr. Demento), and it got a lot of airplay when it came out.

6 hours ago, Tjack said:

I also am old enough to have lived through the ‘70’s

[Snip]

.....most of the music stunk. 

Thank you!

Thank you so very, _very_ much!

I managed to get through the Seventies myself, and the only interesting thing about was the amount of work put into exploring the entire spectrum of brown.

That wasn't good, either, but it is mildly interesting to reflect on.

Polyester, shag carpet, leisure suits, horizontal pin stripes, knit pants, Vaseline-smeared camera lenses, pretensious or boring movies, cars with zip codes and body lines you could shave with....

There was absolutely nothing that came out of the seventies that made them worth living through.