Funny Pics II: The Revenge

33 minutes ago, wcw43921 said:

spacer.png

Then the teacher should speak more clearly.

Back in my Circuit City days, I had a co-worker tell a customer that I'd be able to answer all of his questions. The customer looked at me, and said, "Oh, yeah? How high the moon?"

To which I immediately replied, "about one and a third light-seconds or around 400,000 kilometers, give or take."

He looked at me with very wide eyes, and said, "Oh." After a moment, he then asked me about a laptop.

When you're a child, your parents are clueless and unreasonable. When you're a parent, your children are ignorant and undisciplined. And so the world turns. :rolleyes:

My favorite quotation on that subject is from Mark Twain: "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years." ;)

On 8/29/2019 at 8:42 PM, Cancer said:

All I know is that it's my job to hand scores of 1 out of 20 on essay questions in my college course to new freshmen who think they can skate by in my course by lexical analysis alone, like they did in high school.

Yeah, if they analyze Lex, they ought to at least analyze Superman as well in order to present the full picture.