Logan.1179

Funny Pics II: The Revenge

"Almost no one had ever heard of this Soleimani guy" is the American perspective. It doesn't apply in the Middle East, and most especially in Iran. Beau of the Fifth Column provides an illuminating overview of his career, and why his assassination matters so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux9GI5nxMVU

Familiar with him already, but thank you.  I have a muslim buddy at work that periodically ranted about him at length, and kept sending news articles (because apparently he tends to forget that not all of his friends read Egyptian, or Pakistani, or whatever-it-was-the-third-language-he-could-read-and-speak.   

Still, your "American perspective" comment is appropriate, since most of America seems to be obsessed with finding moronic that made it to the press, then applying it in a fit of oh-so-clever-and- *ahem*-uniquely-witty-put-down of whichever Republican is the official target of the moment.   Beyond bashing Republicans, America has, in general, very little use for news of any kind.  :(

(not a Republican, but damned tired of insult "activism" )

I apologize if any of my fellow forumites considered my "American perspective" comment to be a put-down of all Americans. I know many of you are interested in and concerned about the wider world, particularly the members of this community. :thumbup:

But we your northern neighbors have long noticed a cultural tendency for Americans to consider everything important or interesting to them to stop at the border. Even when your media reports events elsewhere in the world, it's almost always from the perspective of, "how this affects America," or, "what America is going to do about this."

To be honest, Canada itself gets treated that way a lot, so I'm probably a little sensitive about it. :unsure:

16 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

I apologize if any of my fellow forumites considered my "American perspective" comment to be a put-down of all Americans. I know many of you are interested in and concerned about the wider world, particularly the members of this community. :thumbup:

But we your northern neighbors have long noticed a cultural tendency for Americans to consider everything important or interesting to them to stop at the border. Even when your media reports events elsewhere in the world, it's almost always from the perspective of, "how this affects America," or, "what America is going to do about this."

To be honest, Canada itself gets treated that way a lot, so I'm probably a little sensitive about it. :unsure:

I've been trying; really I have.

But I just can't see the problem.....

(^3^♪♪♪ ♪  ♪

Oh, sorry.  

Was I whistling nonchalantly?

;)