Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Doc Shadow

Why My Love Life Sucks: The February 2019 Superdraft

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Pariah said:

If we're going to do a relationship-based Superdraft with ourselves as protagonists, maybe we should do it in October. That's when we usually do the Horror genre.

 

What? :angel:

 

Yeah, I see myself more as an antagonist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I'm having a little trouble understanding with the complication pick should be. Is this another character who gets in the way? An event that interferes with the couples relationship? Or can it be as simple as the fact that the ex-lover was, in fact, bat guano crazy?

 

I would find examples helpful, if you could think of one or two. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it could be any of those. Here are some more:

  • Periodically turning into a villain, like Carol Ferris.
  • Being convinced that the Protagonist is guilty of a crime, like Gwen Stacey who believed that Spider-man killed her father.
  • Batman's fear that anyone he becomes involved with will be used against him by his many enemies.
  • Being convinced that the True Love is a loser and doing everything to duck those dates, like Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson.
  • Tony Stark's reputation as a "player" pretty much keeps any woman but a gold digger hoping to mine him for settlement from getting too close.
  • And of course that good old Secret Identity that the Protagonist can't tell anyone.

When you get right down to it, all the ex-lovers are complications as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Old Man said:

In any romcom, the complication is some secret that the protagonist has very stupidly kept from his/her new flame until 90 minutes into the film. 

 

True, it does sound like the plot of every Hallmark Channel movie I've watched over the last four and a half months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Pariah said:

 

True, it does sound like the plot of every Hallmark Channel movie I've watched over the last four and a half months.

 

Is this some kind of sociological experiment or self-torture?  Both?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:32 AM, Cancer said:

Now I'm trying to imagine the life cycle of something that hunts down unwilling badgers in order to breed.

 

Might look like Alien or something.

 

Nah, anything like that would have gone extinct long ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it's worth, my plan was:

 

Protagonist: Harley Quinn

Ex #1: Joker

Complication: He abused her one time too many, so she leaked his plans to Rorschach, who put him in the ICU.

Ex#2: Poison Ivy

Complication: After finding comfort in the arms of her longtime friend and confidant, she ultimately decided she wasn't comfortable batting for that side.

Ex#3: Moon Knight

Complication: She tried being good--really, she did!--but ultimately his obsession with justice (and his dedication to Khonshu) was more than she could deal with.

True Love: Foxbat - Someone as crazy as herself, but ultimately kind-hearted and in it for the laughs.

 

What might have been....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My idea was Flynn Ryder being hunted by Merida, Pocahontas, Mulan & other Disney Princesses in a Valentine's Day massacre during the annual Hunger Games. The location would be Panem. The theme song is Eagles' Heartache Tonight. 

 

Second idea is Morticia ex's before she met Gomez: Wolf-man, Frankenstein, Dracula, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pariah said:

For what it's worth, my plan was:

 

Protagonist: Harley Quinn

Ex #1: Joker

Complication: He abused her one time too many, so she leaked his plans to Rorschach, who put him in the ICU.

Ex#2: Poison Ivy

Complication: After finding comfort in the arms of her longtime friend and confidant, she ultimately decided she wasn't comfortable batting for that side.

Ex#3: Moon Knight

Complication: She tried being good--really, she did!--but ultimately his obsession with justice (and his dedication to Khonshu) was more than she could deal with.

True Love: Foxbat - Someone as crazy as herself, but ultimately kind-hearted and in it for the laughs.

 

What might have been....

 

Did I miss something?  Is the superdraft a no go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doc Shadow was going to run it, I said something mean about the Patriots prior to Sunday's game that I would not have said if I'd known he was a Pats fan, this triggered his Berserk (or Enraged, not sure), end of draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Old Man said:

Doc Shadow was going to run it, I said something mean about the Patriots prior to Sunday's game that I would not have said if I'd known he was a Pats fan, this triggered his Berserk (or Enraged, not sure), end of draft.

 

Really?  Gee, I'm a Patriots fan too, but I enjoy the hate.  Wear it like a badge of courage.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2019 at 3:45 PM, Bazza said:

 

 

Second idea is Morticia ex's before she met Gomez: Wolf-man, Frankenstein, Dracula, etc. 


   I just got an idea for the next Addams Family animated movie.  Gomez & Morticia tell the kids the story of them meeting in high school and how they fell in love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...