Omega, Energy Projector

Tatterdemalion, Fear Inducer

Crimson Psyche, Telepth and Psionics

White Hare, Gadgeteer

Conversions

Cavalier 6E, Powered Armor

Gravitar, Gravity Manipulation Master Villain

---Original Post---

I used to have a thread of 6E builds, but it's long archived.  I'd like to revive it because I've decided (against my initial inclination) to try to re-learn 6E rules and get in the habit of creating characters again.  The simple fact is that I like writing out character backgrounds and creating new heroes and villains (or converting existing ones).  And I think having stat blocks makes a background look complete and it helps to think out what a character can actually do.  Hero, like most systems, is heavily focused on combat (and has become more so over the years), but even just knowing the relative power of combat powers helps with placing a hero or villain in the context of the Champions world.

I would love to get feedback and help on these builds, so please feel free to post any critiques or corrections.  The first one that I will post is my original 6E build, which is a conversion of my Champions Online character.  She is obviously quite dear to me (I've have four or five copies of her near level 40 in Champions Online because I love the look and powerset so much), but if I've built her incorrectly, then I'm happy to tweak her Hero version. 

All of these will have been run through Hero Designer (which is just awesome), so the costs should all be correct (if not, I've made a typo here).  The formatting might be inconsistent because I tend to simplify some of the Hero Designer text when I drop characters into Word and then post them here.

All of my my characters use a version of the Characteristic Maxima rules from 6E and 6E Champions.  If someone has a characteristic over 20, then there will be some justification (although I don't charge more).  I also tend to enforce something like a 75 active point limit on characters (maybe lower for my 300 point builds) and reasonable OCV/DCV numbers.  But without experience in the system, I might be getting that part wrong.

If I build enough characters, I will turn this first post into an index.  If not, it will just be an intro to what I intend.  :)

Bluebird v.2

Total: 400

STR 13, 12-, 2½ D6, 150
DEX 18, 13-
CON 18, 13-
INT 18, 13-
EGO 13, 12-
PRE 18, 13-, 3 1/2 d6

OCV 9
DCV 9
OMCV 3
DMCV 3
SPD 6

PD 8
ED 8

REC 10
END 80
BODY 10
STUN 40 Total Cost: 186

Skills & Talents
Overall Skill Level +1 (12)

Acrobatics 13- (3)
Deduction 13- (3)
Inventor 13- (3)
Language (French, Fluent) (2)
Scientist (3)

SS: Biology 15- (4)
SS: Biochemistry 14- (3)
SS: Chemistry 14- (3)
High Society 13- (3)
Stealth 13- (3)
Eidetic Memory (5)
Striking Appearance (Attractive, 2d6) (6)
Environmental Movement, Ice (2)
Total Cost: 55

Powers
Ice Multipowers (75 points reserve, Unified -1/4); 60

1. Ice Blast (Blast 12d6, Half End, +1/4); 6f
  2. Ice Bonds (Entangle, 7d6, 7 PD / 7 ED, Vulnerable to Fire and Heat, -1); 3f
  3. Ice Cone (Blast 10d6, Cone +1/2, No Range -1/2); 4f
  4. Ice Blast II (Blast 10d6, No End +1/2); 6f
  5. Hail Storm (Blast 6d6, Area Of Effect (16m Radius; +¾), Indirect (Source
  6. Point is always from above target +1/4, Half End +1/4); 5f
  7. Killing Ice Blast (RKA 4d6, ED); 5f
  8. Ice Sheet:  Change Environment (-5 to Characteristic Roll or Skill Roll), Red End(1/2 END; +1/4), Personal Immunity +1/4, Area Of Effect (32m Radius; +1) (37 Active Points); 3f
  9. Ice Wall (Barrier, 10m long, 4m high, 1/2m thick, 15 Body, 10 PD / 10 ED, Configurable +1/4, Ablative -1/2, Vulnerable to Fire and Heat, -1); 3f

Ice Shield (Resistant Protection, 10 PD / 10 ED, Costs End -1/2, Unified, -1/4) PLUS (Resistant Protection, 10 PD / 10 ED, Costs End -1/2, Ablative -1/2, Unified -1/4); 30
Flight (30M, Unified -1/4); 24

Life Support (Immunity to Intense Cold, Longevity:2); 4

Mask Goggles (Sight Group Flash Defense 9d6, Focus (OIF) -1/2); (6)
Total Cost: 159

Matching Complications
Secret Identity (April Isley, Frequent, Major) 15 points
Vulnerability (Fire, 1.5 Body Damage, Common) 10 points
Psychological Limitation (Overconfidence, Very Common, Moderate) 15 points
Distinctive Feature (Mutant, Not Concealable, Always Noticed, Only Detectable with Unusual Sense) 15 points
Hunted (Viper, More Powerful, NCI, Imprison/Kill) 20 points
Total: 75 points

Background: The sole daughter of a wealthy couple from New England, April Isley was a precocious child that spent her summers in France and her winters in Aspen. Treated to the best of everything and blessed with extraordinary good looks as she matured, April graduated with honors from Millennium City University. She became a research assistant in the school’s biology program and worked with the brilliant, but unstable Dr. Maxima de Winter.

De Winter was convinced that she could unlock the secrets of immortality by slowing down a person’s metabolism. Her research was condemned by her peers and even scoffed at by her skeptical assistant. As a result, de Winter ultimately decided to test her experimental procedure on April.

The injections de Winter gave April either mutated the young woman or awakened a latent mutation, because they certainly changed Isley into something new. April began to shoot streams of ice when she awoke while de Winter was conducting tests. This complication frightened de Winter, who fled, taking all of her notes with her and destroying most evidence of the procedure. April thought about going to the authorities but decided to conceal the results. She didn’t want to be seen as a “freak” by her peers and scientists.

Eventually April realized that the transformation might be a blessing. The more she learned about her powers, the more impressed she became. Not only could she probably make an entire scientific career out of studying her own body, she realized she might be one of the most powerful superhumans in the city. As a means of testing her powers, she designed a costume and began to call herself Bluebird. Her first forays into crimefighting involved simply thwarting street thugs and the occasional robbery, but her increasing confidence led to her challenging the schemes of a local VIPER nest.

Bluebird finds herself at a crossroads. Very protective of her secret identity, she is wary of working too closely with other superheroes, but she finds herself having to admit that might be necessary to further explore the bounds of her powers safely.

Personality: Prior to her transformation, Bluebird was a fairly vain, confident, and cold person, capable of being charming, but usually not bothering to make the effort. If anything, the manifestation of her powers has only made her a bit icier. Her own ideas about personal conduct would probably preclude her from ever being a supervillainess, but April lacks the self-sacrificing personality that characterizes many heroes. Although not a leader, she is not a particularly effective follower and her cooperation with other heroes has not been very successful. April has always been hyper-competitive and refuses to believe that she is second best in anything. This makes her a somewhat pouty loser on the few occasions she is beaten, and it also makes her more than a little cutthroat about everything from school performance, to research grants, or even just games of chess or cards. Bluebird likes to believe that she will do whatever it takes to stop a villain or crime, but it remains to be seen whether this would ever rise to using lethal force. Her overconfidence and her desire to always appear to be in the right probably would make her think very seriously before crossing over into outright vigilantism. 

Powers: Bluebird depends primarily on her ability to project blasts of ice. She is capable of creating ice blasts than can be lethal, freeze a target in place, or affect a wide, cone-shaped area. She also has the ability to create an ice shield for additional protection, freeze the ground to create a slippery sheet of ice, and erect ice barriers. Bluebird’s low body temperature grants her immunity to intense cold and her slowed metabolism has granted her a degree of longevity, something she has only been able to confirm in theory. Also, for reasons she hasn’t quite been able to explain, the experiment that mutated Bluebird also granted her the ability to fly. She has yet to discover any limits on this ability, but it ultimately inspired her bird-themed motif.

Appearance: April Isley is an attractive young woman in her early 20s with an eye-catching figure, bright blue eyes, and very light blonde hair that she usually wears pulled back in a ponytail. Since the manifestation of her powers, her skin tone remains pale and very cold to the touch year round. As Bluebird, April wears a light blue costume that appears as a long sleeved minidress with a white belt. The outfit is accented by a white scalloped cape, white heeled boots, and long white gloves. Her mask is blue, with white panes that do not reveal her eyes. While Bluebird, April also uses her powers to make her hair appear white.

Bluebirdv2.hdc

OK I'll start.  Now all this is personal preference and I haven't run a game in years (even If I do own the books).  Also I am more familiar with 4th and 5th edition set ups.

OK the divorces stats that 6th ed has done means your PC is believable, none of this I am a normal with a dex of 23 idea.  So I Will look to OCV/DCV and other stats.

First OCV/DCV of 9   WOW.  You realize this means she hits a normal DCV of 3 on a 17 or less.  An agent with an OCV of 5 needs a 7 or less.  To me this is Martial Artist / Speedster territory.  Add the 28 in PD and ED and even if hit she's not really hurt.  Also the 6 SPD I personally think is too high.  I'd go OCV/DCV of 8 and a Spd of 5!

Why the High Rec and End.  With that END she never has to worry about running out in a fight  (1 for FF + 3 for Fly + 0 for EB = 4 End /Action, so 24/turn, Post 12 Rec brings it to 9 End per turn means 10 turns before she exhausts herself conservatively)

Now I like the MP.  Classic Ice blaster.  Can't go wrong with a classic.  As well you have room for some extras like an AE Entangle or a cold zone (CE temperature)

Nice Skill selection, fits with the background.  Also you are aware that Overall can be used for OCV or DCV?  

Nice Complications.

If I was GM I'd ask for the changes suggested, but on the whole, the build is sound.  

There's a reason I made her OCV and DCV 9 and her speed 6 when I first built her when 6th first came out.  I can't remember now.  When I tweaked her recently, I didn't even look at those.  She's a bit higher than my other 400 point builds (which I will post as the days go on).  From what I remember, your OCV/DCV/SPD are very campaign dependent.  You need to be in line with other PCs (so you aren't standing around or hitting too rarely).  So I'm not wedded to any of these.

The REC and END just make sense to me.  They are sooooo cheap compared to anything else.  Why ever run out of END?

The overall skill boost was definitely a suggestion when 6th came out.  Someone pointed out that I spent my skill points too inefficiently and that was a better value so I completely redid it.

9 hours ago, PamelaIsley said:

Ice Sheet (Change Environment, -6 Dex for Surface Movement

"DEX" and "movement" in game terms don't interact closely enough to make it instantly clear to me what the power does.

Are you trying to communicate that

1) if a person is standing on a surface which has been iced over that the person should be considered to have -6 DEX? That would be fairly straightforward but it would see odd to me to always penalize someone's juggling ability or sleight of hand skill because they're standing on ice. Or to penalize a ranged energy projector's position in the combat order (especially since her standing on naturally-formed ice would not, I think?).

2) Or that only people who are trying to move on the surface have -6 DEX but that the moving person's penalty applies to anything which they attempt to do? Vastly different effects than the first possibility but at least standing jugglers wouldn't be penalized as much as the running jugglers. :)

3) Or that people on that surface have -6 DEX but only for the purposes of movement? There's probably some applications other than acrobatics but I can't think of others offhand....

4) Or something else?

9 hours ago, PamelaIsley said:

The REC and END just make sense to me.  They are sooooo cheap compared to anything else.  Why ever run out of END?

Why run out of STUN or BODY either?  :D

Everything in character-building is a trade off. Combats for your character are unlikely to ever last for 10 turns (60 phases for your character), you are going to win or lose (or draw) long before that point so buying an extravagantly large END which you're not going to get use out of seems like a waste compared to other things which you character could have. And as Mr. R pointed out, you've already built your character so that you can reduce the amount of END which you are choosing to spend each phase without seriously gimping what you're doing and go far beyond 10 turns.

So shifting some points out of REC/END into something different might give your character some additional options. A few potential ideas:

Breakfall (for those inevitable flying mishaps. It could instead be done something along the lines of a 1m Flight (OAF, 0 END, persistent, only to hover or reduce velocity from hurtling through the air, triggered by becoming unconscious)

Cramming

KS: Known Superbeings and Their Powers (always handy for a hero though you might skip this through diligent research plus her Eidetic Memory)

PS: Writer (if she cares to be a published scientist)

Additional science skills so she can use her Inventor skill more effectively in whatever inventions you envision her making (though you might could get around part of that bottleneck through Cramming plus some added time). Weaponsmith if the Inventor skill is going to be used to make weapons. SS: Cryonics is a classic for an ice character. SS: Medicine, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Immunology, Genetic Engineering, etc. if you care to build on her current list of sciences.

More than the base level of Money. She comes from a wealthy family and can move in high society but doesn't have wealth, at least at the moment. Nothing wrong with the base level of money but if she wants to continue to operate in High Society when out of costume, it'll be easier if she has access to enough wealth to outfit herself properly. And inventing things is certainly easier when you can afford to buy the parts that you need.

Enhanced Senses (perhaps some vision capability and radio?). Infrared Perception would make sense as part of her power set but if you wanted a sense as a gadget, you could have anything.

Flash Defense

4 hours ago, archer said:

"DEX" and "movement" in game terms don't interact closely enough to make it instantly clear to me what the power does.

It's basically supposed to be this power from Champions Power upscaled slightly.  The idea is to affect movement.

Change Environment (create ice sheet), -4 to DEX Rolls to move on, Area Of Effect (Surface 16m radius; +1), Personal Immunity (+¼) (27 Active Points); Can Only Be Applied To Horizontal Surfaces (e.g., the ground and floors; -0). Total cost: 27 points.

I can write it like this in Hero Designer (and add the personal immunity since it makes sense):

Ice Sheet:  Change Environment (-5 to Characteristic Roll or Skill Roll), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Area Of Effect (32m Radius; +1) (37 Active Points); Unified Power (-1/4)

Looking more into the Rec and END, she could probably get by with 10/70 with no loss of efficiency, which would free up 5+3 points for something else.  

13 hours ago, PamelaIsley said:

It's basically supposed to be this power from Champions Power upscaled slightly.  The idea is to affect movement.

Change Environment (create ice sheet), -4 to DEX Rolls to move on, Area Of Effect (Surface 16m radius; +1), Personal Immunity (+¼) (27 Active Points); Can Only Be Applied To Horizontal Surfaces (e.g., the ground and floors; -0). Total cost: 27 points.

I can write it like this in Hero Designer (and add the personal immunity since it makes sense):

Ice Sheet:  Change Environment (-5 to Characteristic Roll or Skill Roll), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Area Of Effect (32m Radius; +1) (37 Active Points); Unified Power (-1/4)

Okay, I see what you're doing now. Thanks.

I think you could leave out the word "Horizontal" in the limitation description since I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to apply the power to the side of a building to affect wall-crawlers and climbers.

I like the "-5 to Characteristic Roll or Skill Roll" version since it would apply to things like Combat Driving skill rolls which is very flavorful for the power (cars skidding out of control on the ice, etc.).

Poison Petal

Total: 300

STR 10, 11-, 2d6, 100 kg
DEX 18, 13-
CON 13, 12-
INT 13, 12-
EGO 10, 11-
PRE 18, 13-, 3 1/2d6

OCV 6
DCV 6
OMCV 3
DMCV 3

SPD 5
PD 6
ED 6
REC 8
END 60

BODY 10
STUN 25 Total Cost: 113

Skills & Talents
Acting, 14- (5)

Acrobatics, 14- (5)

Charm, 14- (5)

High Society, 14- (5)

Persuasion, 13- (3)

PS: (Actress), 12- (3)

Plant Multipower +1 (5)

Wealthy (6)

Striking Appearance +2 (+2d6) (6)

Total Cost: 43

Powers

Plant Shield (Resistant Protection 10 ED / 10 PD (30 active points), Costs End to Activate -1/4); (24)

Control Plants (Mind Control 8d6, Plants, (40 active points), Normal Range -1/4); (32)

Phytotoxin Immunity (5)

Petal Plant Powers (Multipower, 60 points reserve); (60)

1. Choking Spores (Blast 6d6, NND (Life Support: Self Contained Breathing) +1, 60 active points, Limited Range (8M) -1/4); 5f

2. Sticky Sap (Entangle 4d6, 4 PD / 4 ED, Sticky +1/2 (60 active points); 6f

3. Tangling Vines (Entangle 6d6, 6 PD / 6 ED, (60 active points), OIF (Nearby Plants) -1/2); 4f

4. Thorn Spray (RKA 3d6, Armor Piercing +1/4 (56 active points); 6f

5. Controlling Spores (Mind Control 12d6, Humans, (60 active points), Based on Con -1, Limited Range (8M) -1/4, Limited Power (Self Contained Breathing Defense) -1/4; 2f

Total Cost: 144

Matching Complications
Psychological Complication: Extremely Vain (Common, Strong); (15)

Psychological Complication: Underconfidence (Uncommon, Strong); (10)

Vulnerability: 1 ½ Stun from Fire and Extreme Heat (10)

Distinctive Features: Mutant (Not Concealable, Noticed, Uncommon senses); (10)

Social Complication: Secret Identity (Paula Thorne, Common, Strong); (15)
Total: 60 points

Background: Paula Thorne always had a special relationship with plants.  Growing up, she discovered that she could talk to them and they would respond by moving in directions that she asked, or by growing faster.  She kept this ability mostly a secret because she didn’t want to be thought of as weird or a mutant. However, in high school she discovered that her relationship with plants went even deeper.  Her body could produce spores that made people do what she wanted. Because she was an attractive cheerleader, Thorne didn’t really need much help at getting her way. But that changed as she pursued modeling, and then an acting career after graduating.

Suddenly just being a very pretty face with a well-developed figure wasn’t enough.  She needed talent and connections. And the spores helped, at least to a point. But small parts in a few movies and advertising campaigns weren’t enough for Paula.  And her powers were growing. Growing in ways that made her more powerful, and able to consider different options. When she lost out on a part to a more talented rival, Paula used her powers to break into the other woman’s talent agency, and steal damaging information that she leaked to the press.  Now the part went to Paula, and the career of Poison Petal was born.

Over the next few years, Paula used her Poison Petal identity to commit numerous crimes aimed at discrediting rivals, damaging studios that slighted her, and robbing wealthy “friends.”  She enjoyed the press attention Poison Petal received, and kept up the identity even as her acting and modeling career flourished. She is in now on the verge of becoming a supervillainess full time, particularly as she becomes more daring in the types of crimes she looks to commit.

Personality: Paula Thorne is petty, vain, and selfish.  Completely convinced she is the most talented and beautiful woman in any situation, she quickly becomes frustrated if she thinks other people do not agree (and sometimes can’t resist using her powers to change their minds).  She can be a charming conversationalist, and, as an actress, is more than capable of adapting her behavior to be pleasant, but she often doesn’t make the effort, instead relying on her looks to influence people. As a supervillainess, Poison Petal isn’t completely evil.  She seldom uses her powers to truly hurt anyone. But she is quite motivated to advance her career and wealth. She uses her mind control ability to influence studio heads and others to cast her in parts or to blacklist her rivals. She also has conducted numerous robberies as Poison Petal, both to directly steal from her Hollywood peers or to seize scripts and other damaging information from studios, agents, and others in the entertainment industry.  Petal doesn’t want to rule the world, but she does crave fame and attention, and even the limited notoriety she has achieved as a supervillainess feeds her ego, making the role almost as intoxicating as her main career.

Powers: Poison Petal is a plant controller, with a variety of abilities related to her body’s strange biochemistry.  She is able to control nearby plants (an ability she refers to as “talking” with them). She can also use plants as a means of entangling foes.  Her body can produce a sticky sap that she can she secrete and shoot from her hands (or she can harden it around her wrists as a protective shield made of an amber-like substance).  She can emit spores that influence the mind of her target or can be used to choke them. Her most deadly power is the ability to shoot thorns, which are incredibly sharp and can pierce light armor.  Her bizarre blood also makes her immune to any poisons derived from plants. Poison Petal attempts to evade combat as quickly as possible, and definitely isn't suited for a straight up fight with an experienced superhero.  She prefers to use her powers in a non-combat setting, where she can influence people’s minds at her leisure to accomplish her goals (which are frequently related to damaging other actresses’ careers or stealing from studios or wealthy friends).

Appearance: Poison Petal is a tall, very attractive woman with a curvy, top heavy figure, wavy light brown hair, and pale skin.  As a model and actress, Petal is very concerned about her looks and goes out of her way to emphasize her figure and accentuate her beauty.  Her costume as a supervillainess is a lowcut, pink, one-piece bathing suit, with a matching partial mask that leaves most of her face and hair exposed.  She uses a yellow cape, along with light purple gloves and boots.

Poison Petal.hdc

Poison Petal is a new build that I did a week or so ago.  She's built on just 300 points and is just designed to be a simple plant controller (kind of like Poison Ivy in Batman, but maybe less flexible).  I'm really loving the feedback here and will probably keep posting builds and then go back and edit them all at the end to take into account some of the broader criticisms (like OCV, REC, END, etc.). 

I'm sorry I can't get the text to format consistently.  Pasting from Word shouldn't be this hard.

Cavalier, 6E Version

Total: 416

STR 10/45, 18-, 9d6
DEX 13/21, 13-
CON 15/24, 14-
INT 16, 12-
EGO 12, 11-
PRE 20, 13-, 4d6

OCV 7
DCV 7
OMCV 3
DMCV 3

SPD 5

PD 4
ED 6

REC 4
END 20

BODY 12
STUN 26 Total Cost: 111

Skills & Talents
CS: Plasma Blasters +2 (4)

Computer Programming, 12- (3)

Electronics, 12- (3)

Inventor, 13- (5)

KS: Marketing and Publicity, 12- (3)

KS: Superhuman World, 8- (1)

KS: DoD Procurement, 8- (1)

CK: Millennium City, 11- (2)

SS: Chemistry, 8- (1)

SS: Physics, 11- (2)

SS: Powered Armor, 11- (2)

Systems Operation, 12- (3)

Money: Wealthy (6)

Positive Reputation (Heroic, Millennium City, 11-, +2/2d6); (4)

Striking Appearance +1 (1d6) (3)

Total Cost: 45

Powers

Onboard Batteries (Endurance Reserve, 200 END, 25 REC, 68 Active Points, OIF -½); (51)

Plasma Blasters (Blast 10d6, Autofire (3 shots +¼), ½ End +½, 87 Active Points, OIF -½); (58)

Powered Armor (Resistant Protection 15 PD / 15 ED, 45 Active Points, OIF -½); (30)

Bootjets (Flight 50M, 50 Active Points, OIF -½); (33)

Sealed System (Life Support (Extended Breathing: 1 END per Minute; Safe in High Pressure, Intense Cold, Intense Heat, Low Pressure/Vacuum); 9 Active Points, OIF -½, Costs End -½); (4)

Visor (Sight Group Flash Defense, 10 Active Points, OIF -½); (7)

Active Sonar (Hearing Group, 15 Active Points, OIF -½); (10)

Sensor Suite (Ultrasonic Hearing Perception, OIF -½); (8)

Senor Suite (Microscopic Sight x100, 10 Active Points, OIF -½); (7)

Sensor Suite (+10 Range Modifier for Sight Group, 15 Active Points, OIF -½); (10)

Powered Armor Strength (+35 STR, 35 Active Points, OIF -½); (23)

Powered Armor Dexterity (+8 Dex, 16 Active Points, OIF -½); (11)

Powered Armor Constitution (+9 Con, 9 Active Points, OIF -½); (6)
Total Cost: 260

Matching Complications
Psychological Complication (Showboat and Publicity Hound, Very Common, Moderate); (15)

Psychological Complication (Greedy, Common, Moderate); (10)

Psychological Complication (Sucker for a Pretty Face, Common, Moderate); (10)

Hunted (Champions, Infrequently, Mo Pow, Watching); (5)

Public Identity (Eric Trammell, Frequently, Major); (15)

Negative Reputation (Glory Seeking Hero, Frequently, Known to Small Group); (5)

Rivalry (Defender, As Powerful, Outdo, Embarrass or Humiliate, Rival Aware); (5)

Vulnerability (Sonic Attacks, 1 ½ stun damage, Common); (10)

Experience Points (16)
Total: 91 points

Notes: This is just an attempt to convert Cavalier from the Millennium City book to 6E.  I can't take much, if any, credit for any creativity here because this was basically just a transcription.  He had a lot more complications in 5E, obviously, so I chose the ones I thought best applied.  I thought about tweaking him to make him a true 400 point hero, but it seems to make sense to me that he has some experience points.

I intended to use Cavalier as part of a superhero team that I'm envisioning being kind of rivals with the Champions (or just trying to live up to the Champions' standards).

Cavalier.hdc

2 hours ago, PamelaIsley said:

Cavalier, 6E Version

Total: 412

STR 10/45, 18-, 9d6
DEX 13/21, 13-
CON 15/24, 14-
INT 16, 12-
EGO 12, 11-
PRE 20, 13-, 4d6

OCV 7
DCV 7
OMCV 3
DMCV 3

SPD 5

PD 4
ED 6

REC 4
END 20

BODY 12
STUN 25 Total Cost: 110

Skills & Talents
CS: Plasma Blasters +2 (4)

Computer Programming, 12- (3)

Electronics, 12- (3)

Inventor, 13- (5)

KS: Marketing and Publicity, 12- (3)

KS: Superhuman World, 8- (1)

KS: DoD Procurement, 8- (1)

CK: Millennium City, 11- (2)

SS: Chemistry, 8- (1)

SS: Physics, 11- (2)

SS: Powered Armor, 11- (2)

Systems Operation, 12- (3)

Money: Wealthy (6)

Positive Reputation (Heroic, Millennium City, 11-, +2/2d6); (4)

Total Cost: 42

Powers

Onboard Batteries (Endurance Reserve, 200 END, 25 REC, 68 Active Points, OIF -½); (51)

Plasma Blasters (Blast 10d6, Autofire (3 shots +¼), ½ End +½, 87 Active Points, OIF -½); (58)

Powered Armor (Resistant Protection 15 PD / 15 ED, 45 Active Points, OIF -½); (30)

Bootjets (Flight 50M, 50 Active Points, OIF -½); (33)

Sealed System (Life Support (Extended Breathing: 1 END per Minute; Safe in High Pressure, Intense Cold, Intense Heat, Low Pressure/Vacuum); 9 Active Points, OIF -½, Costs End -½); (4)

Visor (Sight Group Flash Defense, 10 Active Points, OIF -½); (7)

Active Sonar (Hearing Group, 15 Active Points, OIF -½); (10)

Sensor Suite (Ultrasonic Hearing Perception, OIF -½); (8)

Senor Suite (Microscopic Sight x100, 10 Active Points, OIF -½); (7)

Sensor Suite (+10 Range Modifier for Sight Group, 15 Active Points, OIF -½); (10)

Powered Armor Strength (+35 STR, 35 Active Points, OIF -½); (23)

Powered Armor Dexterity (+8 Dex, 16 Active Points, OIF -½); (11)

Powered Armor Constitution (+9 Con, 9 Active Points, OIF -½); (6)
Total Cost: 260

Matching Complications
Psychological Complication (Showboat and Publicity Hound, Very Common, Moderate); (15)

Psychological Complication (Greedy, Common, Moderate); (10)

Psychological Complication (Sucker for a Pretty Face, Common, Moderate); (10)

Hunted (Champions, Infrequently, Mo Pow, Watching); (5)

Public Identity (Eric Trammell, Frequently, Major); (15)

Negative Reputation (Glory Seeking Hero, Frequently, Known to Small Group); (5)

Rivalry (Defender, As Powerful, Outdo, Embarrass or Humiliate, Rival Aware); (5)

Vulnerability (Sonic Attacks, 1 ½ stun damage, Common); (10)

Experience Points (12)
Total: 87 points

Notes: This is just an attempt to convert Cavalier from the Millennium City book to 6E.  I can't take much, if any, credit for any creativity here because this was basically just a transcription.  He had a lot more complications in 5E, obviously, so I chose the ones I thought best applied.  I thought about tweaking him to make him a true 400 point hero, but it seems to make sense to me that he has some experience points.

I intended to use Cavalier as part of a superhero team that I'm envisioning being kind of rivals with the Champions (or just trying to live up to the Champions' standards).

His STUN should be 26, not 25.  But it looks fantastic otherwise!

1 minute ago, grandmastergm said:

Due to his COME of 16, he should have one level of striking appearance vs all, or +2d6 vs women (depending on what better fits the story).

I'll give it to him, but I've found that the 6E people very rarely bothered to convert COM consistently.  But I should have at least thought of it.

Wow.  I really appreciate the effort rebuilding the characters. 

On Petal, you really made her more powerful.  I'm a big fan of 300 point characters, so I've been building a lot of them lately.  But I like how you scaled you up, particularly the Drain Con power and the plant summoning power.

On Bluebird, I like some of the changes, but am not fond of dropping her active points down to 60 on her main powers.  It just seems too weak for a 400 point standard character (going by the guidelines in Champions 6E at least).  I also noticed you dropped the ablative property to her ice shield.  I originally (years ago) built her as having only an ablative shield, but people said it would be too limiting.  I just like the idea of ice being chipped away.

I'll have to clean up my HDC files so I can start attaching them here.  That's a great idea.

7 hours ago, PamelaIsley said:

Wow.  I really appreciate the effort rebuilding the characters. 

On Petal, you really made her more powerful.  I'm a big fan of 300 point characters, so I've been building a lot of them lately.  But I like how you scaled you up, particularly the Drain Con power and the plant summoning power.

On Bluebird, I like some of the changes, but am not fond of dropping her active points down to 60 on her main powers.  It just seems too weak for a 400 point standard character (going by the guidelines in Champions 6E at least).  I also noticed you dropped the ablative property to her ice shield.  I originally (years ago) built her as having only an ablative shield, but people said it would be too limiting.  I just like the idea of ice being chipped away.

I'll have to clean up my HDC files so I can start attaching them here.  That's a great idea.

Yeah, that was just for a "standard, 400 points game."  She traded damage for speed and defense.  Keep in mind that the guides are  a range, not a maximum for every character.  Ablative is interesting, but complex.

You're welcome.

9 hours ago, grandmastergm said:

Yeah, that was just for a "standard, 400 points game."  She traded damage for speed and defense.  Keep in mind that the guides are  a range, not a maximum for every character.  Ablative is interesting, but complex.

You're welcome.

The ablative is very complex.  In play, it might be much more annoying than it's worth.

It could be one of those things that sounds great when you're thinking of the character, but then in practice is just annoying to track and fiddle with.

Paragon

Total: 400

STR 50*, 19-, 10d6, 100t
DEX 18, 13-
CON 25, 14-
INT 13, 12-
EGO 10, 11-
PRE 18, 13-, 4d6

OCV 7
DCV 7
OMCV 3
DMCV 4

SPD 5

PD 10    28 (18r)
ED 10    28 (18r)

REC 15
END 60

BODY 16
STUN 50 Total Cost: 168

Skills & Talents
Power Skill: Martial Arts 13-

Charm 13- (3)

Combat Pilot 13- (3)

KS: United States Air Force 11- (2)

Interrogation 13- (3)

Navigation (Air) 12- (3)

Professional Skill: Air Force Officer 11- (2)

Tactics, 12- (3)

Transport Fam: Combat Aircraft, Planes (2)

Martial Arts

Cost    Name                   OCV    DCV    Notes

4     Bear Hug                 +0     +0          14d6 Crush, Follow Grab

4     Break Free               -0     +0         65 STR v. Grabs

4     Deadly Smash         -2    +0          HKA 4d6

4     Punch 1/2 Phase    +0     +2       12d6 Strike

5     Flying Grab ½ Phase -2     -1       2 Limbs, 60 STR, Flight

Total Cost: 44

Powers

Flight (20M, Megascale +1); (40)

Super-strength (Strength 40, Half End +1/4) (50)

Tough Skin (Resistant Protection 18 PD / 18 ED); (54)

Self-Sufficient (Life Support: Safe in High Pressure, Safe in Vacuum, Self-Contained Breathing); (13)

X-Ray Vision (Totally Penetrative for Sight Group; Blocked by Lead, Force Fields); (15)

Regeneration (1 Body per turn) (16)

Total Cost: 188

Matching Complications
Hunted (U.S. Government, Mo Pow, NCI, Watching) (10)

Psychological Limitation (Code of the Hero, Common, Strong) (15)

Psychological Limitation (Arrogance, Common, Moderate) (10)

Psychological Limitation (Needs to Prove Self, Common, Strong) (15)

Social Limitation (Secret Identity, Steven Riker, Frequently, Major) (15)

Vulnerability (Radiation Attacks, Common, 1.5 Stun Damage) (10)

Total: 75 points

Background: Steven Riker had always loved to fly.  Growing up in Denver he was obsessed with model and remote-controlled airplanes and by the time he was in high school, he had already decided he wanted to join the Air Force.  Although Steven had several athletic scholarships offers from major conference schools, the only place he ever considered attending was the Air Force Academy.

After Riker graduated, he was accepted into the fighter pilot program and the young pilot was soon flying the latest in Air Force technology, including the F-22 and joint strike fighter.  Although only an above average pilot, Steven’s dedication to duty and incredible work ethic made him a favorite with his superiors and he continued to draw top assignments and promotions.

Riker’s life changed during an engagement with the War Machine.  Warlord’s attempt to interfere with NATO operations in the Balkans drew the attention of the Air Force and Riker was part of a strike group designed to drive off the supervillain team.  His fighter jet was struck by a blast from an experimental Hzeel-based weapon being used by the Warlord’s minions and seemed to disintegrate in a burst of blue energy. However, Riker wasn’t killed, or even injured.  Instead the energy force infused his body with incredible abilities and the pilot found himself hovering in the air. He could fly on his own! Using his new-found powers, he helped the remainder of the NATO force drive off the War Machine.

Although military doctors couldn’t explain what had happened to Steven, they could confirm that he now possessed an impressive array of superpowers.  Over the next several months, Riker participated in a number of trials that tested the extent of his new strength and toughness, along with pushing the boundaries of his ability to fly and see through objects.  The government wanted Riker to join one of its sponsored teams, but he politely demurred. Although he was willing to coordinate with the military, he desperately wanted to test his abilities on his own and he transferred to the Air Force reserve.

Personality: Paragon is an outgoing, confident, and sometimes brash hero who is reveling in his new found powers.  Driven by a strong desire to live up to the reputation of other superheroes, Paragon has adopted powerful codes of behavior, including avoiding using lethal force.  The military taught Steven Riker to respect authority and be loyal, but he also has a take-charge personality and likes to be at the top of the chain of command, if possible.  As a former fighter pilot, Riker loves flying. He sometimes will over use his flight power as a result. Over all, Paragon is a well-adjusted individual who has yet to learn his new limitations.  Part of him would love to found and lead a superteam after finding suitable teammates and gaining more experience in his new role outside of the Air Force.

Powers: As a typical flying brick, Paragon is super strong, durable, with high resistances.  He has X-Ray vision and can survive in a vacuum. Steven Riker’s Air Force training included some basic martial arts that he has refined as Paragon to enhance his hand-to-hand fighting ability.  Paragon isn’t subtle in his tactics. He can withstand a lot of punishment and tries to close to melee range as soon as possible

Appearance: Paragon is a handsome, white man in his early 30s.  As Steven Riker, he keeps his blonde hair slicked down and brushed back (making it appear darker), and dresses in upscale casual clothing.  His appearance is clean cut and neat, like many veterans. As Paragon, he styles his hair differently and wears contact lenses (when possible) to try to disguise his appearance.  His costume is white, framed in blue on the sides and arms, and he wears a red cape. He wears gold bracers and boots.

Notes: A re-edited version.

Paragonv2.hdc

Nice build but I find his PD/ED a bit too low for a brick type.  7+15 = 22 total.  I consider at least 25 to 28 for a brick.  They need to get stuck in and SOAK the damage.  You can get this by bringing down the Con to 30 (25 PD and 30 Con means he'll almost NEVER be Con Stunned/Staggered) and the Body to 15 (he's hard to hurt as it is and has Regen). 

Also change the descriptors to the Martial Arts for the kicks to punches.  It just follows more the classic flying brick type to me (how many times does Superman do a roundhouse kick a la Chuck Norris?  NEVER!)

Also what is the Code of the Hero and how is it a complication?

But overall a nice homage!

Code of the Hero is a specific complication described in detail in Champions 6E (p. 108).

"Code Of The Hero (Very Common, Strong; 20 points): The “code of the hero” refers to the collection of personality traits that signify a character who’s molded in the traditional four- color superhero fashion. He always fights fairly. He treats everyone, particularly women and authority figures, with respect, and always keeps his promises. He does his best to fulfill any request for help made to him, even if it’s just to rescue a kitten trapped in a tree. He doesn’t hesitate to risk his life to stop crime, save disaster victims, thwart supervillains’ schemes, rescue hostages, and perform other heroic actions."

Your suggestions are excellent.

15 hours ago, archer said:

I find it difficult to wrap my head around the idea of a fighter pilot who has a code vs killing.

Yes, me too.

The backstory explanation that I came up with years ago was that once he became a hero he decided to adopt all the conventional "hero codes" so that he would fit in better.

But it makes less sense on re-reading it.

Edit: I'm changing it to Needs to Prove Self.