Pamela's 6E Build Thread - Redux

PamelaIsley

18 hours ago, Amorkca said:

Is Yellowflash another of your villains and will you be posting him/her too?

Yes.  Can you guess his inspiration? :)

Well, at least for the name.  My character is a Russian scientist with a superspeed suit who is the enemy of Accelerate and a thief.  He's all statted up, but I haven't done his full bio yet.

White Hare

Total: 300

STR 13, 12-, 2 ½ d6
DEX 18, 13-
CON 13, 12-
INT 18, 13-
EGO 13, 12-
PRE 18, 13-, 3 ½ d6

OCV 6
DCV 7
OMCV 3
DMCV 3

SPD 4

PD 4 / 13
ED 4 / 13

REC 9
END 50

BODY 10
STUN 30

Total Cost: 116

Skills & Talents
+1 with all Agility Skills (6)

CS: Gadget Attacks +2 (6)

Acrobatics, 13- (3)

Breakfall, 13- (3)

Climbing, 13- (3)

Computer Programming, 13- (3)

Disguise, 13- (3)

Electronics, 13- (3)

High Society, 13- (3)

Inventor, 13- (3)

KS: Electronics, 12- (3)

KS: English Literature, 11- (2)

KS: Millennium City Underworld, 11- (2)

CK: Millennium City, 11- (2)

Lockpicking, 14- (5)

Persuasion, 13- (3)

Security Systems, 13- (3)

Sleight of Hand, 13- (3)

Stealth, 13- (3)

Weaponsmith (Energy Weapons, Firearms), 14- (5)

Wealthy (6)

Combat Luck (9 PD / 9 ED) (18)

Watch (Absolute Time Sense (3 Active Points), OIF -½); (2)

Striking Appearance +1 (+1d6); (3)

Total Cost: 96

Powers

Goggles (Sight Group Flash Defense (6 Active Points), OIF -½); (4)

Rabbit Boots (Leaping +100m (104m forwad, 52m up) (50 Active Points), OAF -1, 12 Charges -¼); (22)

Cloaking Vest (Invisibility to Sight Group, 0 End +½ (30 Active Points), OAF -1); (15)

Rabbit Gadget Jacket Multipower (60 Active Points, OIF -½); (40)

1. Umbrella Blast (Blast 8d6 (40 Active Points), OAF -1, 12 Charges -¼); 2f

2. Umbrella Bullets (RKA 2d6, Armor Piercing +¼ (37 Active Points), OAF -1, 12 Charges -¼, Beam -¼); 1f

3. Glue Bomb (Entangle 6d6, 6 PD / 6 ED (60 Active Points), OAF -1, 8 Charges -½, Range Based on STR -¼); 2f

4. Flash Bomb (Sight Group Flash 8d6, AoE (8M Radius) +½ (60 Active Points), OAF -1, 8 Charges -½, Range based on STR -¼); 2f

Total Cost: 88

Matching Complications
Hunted (Darkwing or other crimefighter, Infrequent, Mo Pow, Limited Area, Harshly Punish); (10)

Psychological Complication (Unstable and Erratic, Common, Strong); (15)

Psychological Complication (Must Commit Themed Crimes, Common, Strong); (15)

Social Complication (Secret Identity: Charlotte Dodge, Frequent, Major); (15)

Unluck (1d6); (5)
Total: 60 points

Background: Bored, bored, bored.  For almost her entire life, Charlotte Dodge was bored.  She was bored growing up as the spoiled daughter of wealthy parents.  She was bored during college, even though she amused herself playing lots of nasty pranks on her sorority sisters and social circle.  And she was bored after she graduated, helping her mother with charity work and being a sought after heiress. When her parents both passed away unexpectedly, Charlotte expected to have more fun.  But she found even spending lots of money on parties, traveling, and debauchery didn’t thrill her.

What did excite the young woman, though, was watching the exploits of superheroes, particularly when they fought supervillains.  And the more she watched the highlights on the news, the more obsessed she became. Charlotte became resentful that she didn’t have superpowers. Then one day it occurred to her that she could have powers of a sort, if she put her mind to it.  Charlotte dedicated herself to learning about gadgets, electronics, computers, and other things that could help her build devices to mimic superpowers. She found new purpose.

Dressing up as a mix of a Lewis Carroll character and a stage magician, Charlotte debuted her gadgets when she ostensibly tried to steal a collection of first edition children’s books on display at the New York City Library.  Her real purpose was to cause as much mayhem as possible to attract a superhero. And she did. The costumed avenger Darkwing thwarted her scheme, but Charlotte Dodge had never had more fun. And her gadgets took even the crimefighter by surprise, allowing her to escape.  

Calling herself White Hare (or sometimes Spellbunny or March Rabbit or any of a variety of bizarre nicknames), Charlotte now considers herself a supervillain.  While her capers can seem whimsical, many have caused quite a bit of destruction or death. She has yet to actually succeed (usually, she thinks, because of some ill-timed bad luck), but she shows no signs of slowing down.

Personality: Charlotte Dodge is no longer quite sane.  Her extreme boredom and her spoiled life caused her to never fully mature emotionally.  And the thrill of being a costumed villain has only exacerbated her negative character traits.  She enjoys matching herself against superheroes, planning elaborate themed crimes, and devising new strange gadgets to unleash upon unsuspecting victims.  She enjoys these things so much, that she really can’t stop, even if she sometimes thinks that what she is doing is wrong. White Hare doesn’t care if her schemes hurt innocents or other people because she hardly thinks about other people at all.  All she thinks about is how to steal as many faberge eggs as possible, break up an Easter Parade, or kill a Lewis Carroll detractor in as public and ridiculous way as possible. Her schemes seem random, but White Hare actually only plans crimes built around what she considers an appropriate theme.  It isn’t always clear what her overarching theme is (and it can shift), but it usually involves rabbits, literature (particularly children's literature), or stage magic in some way.

Powers: White Hare is a skilled thief, above average athlete, and self-made gadgeteer.  All of the weapons and tools she uses to commit crimes are designed and made by her (usually even her hirelings use weapons she has created).  Her favorite gadgets are a trick umbrella that shoots bullets or energy beams, bombs that glue people to the floor, or a vest that allows her to turn herself invisible.  She also has created a pair of boots that allow her to leap great distances (just like a rabbit, she says). She is quite wealthy and could conceivably find ways to make an unlimited variety of gadgets as she gains more experience as a villain.

Appearance: Charlotte Dodge is a very attractive, fit young woman in her 20s with reddish blonde hair, light skin, and bright blue eyes.  As White Hare, she has worn a variety of costumes, ranging from a mix of rabbit and stage magician elements, to Alice in Wonderland dresses, to just a revealing bunny leotard.  Her most common outfit is a white leotard and vest with a blue jacket, white boots, white bunny ears and tail, a big pink bowtie, and white makeup just on her face.

Notes: A slightly different take on the Marvel villain White Rabbit (enough that I changed her name, although I'm happy to admit this is a very derivative idea).  Creating crazy Batman-like villains isn't that much fun in this system because of how complicated even relatively simple gadgets are to make, so I tried to spice her up some by making her more of an adaptation of the Gadgeteer archetype in the Champions book.  

white hare.hdc

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, grandmastergm said:

I disagree.  There are quite a number of interesting villains from Dark Champions the Animated Series who are very much like Batman villains.

Would you like me to take a stab at White Hare?

I didn't really like the Dark Champions villains that much.  But I wasn't really saying that villains for this type of Rogue's Gallery didn't exist; I just think Hero 6E makes them into complicated builds.  It just isn't that much fun to build them.

Tatterdemalion and White Hare would be much easier to build with M&M.

On 4/27/2019 at 6:56 PM, PamelaIsley said:

I didn't really like the Dark Champions villains that much.  But I wasn't really saying that villains for this type of Rogue's Gallery didn't exist; I just think Hero 6E makes them into complicated builds.  It just isn't that much fun to build them.

Tatterdemalion and White Hare would be much easier to build with M&M.

I disagree, but I do think combat flows faster in M&M- but the movement rules in M&M don't work very well unless you limit them.

whitehare.hdc

20 hours ago, Mr. R said:

Just out of curiosity, why do you think combat is faster and how is movement complicated?

Combat is definitely faster.  Aren't there far less actions per round per player for a start?

I'm not sure why he thinks movement is more complicated.  Maybe movement powers are overpowered?

On 4/30/2019 at 1:30 PM, PamelaIsley said:

Combat is definitely faster.  Aren't there far less actions per round per player for a start?

I'm not sure why he thinks movement is more complicated.  Maybe movement powers are overpowered?

Yes, there are less options that players have for the most part.  Newer players tend to find HERO's initiative to be confusing due to the speed chart.

The problem with movement is that it's really easy to make a character that moves so fast that he or she can run off the map as a move action.  It's much easier to do maps and grid combat in HERO than M&M.  There was an optional rule called tactical movement that prevented players from abusing movement, but that tended to cause player bitching.

Oh well.  I do think M&M is a simpler system and easier for players to learn, but HERO has better combat rules and more interesting flaws/complications.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2019 at 9:23 PM, PamelaIsley said:

Sorry for no new posts for a while.  My interest has kind of waned.  It's tough writing good backgrounds even when I'm super inspired.  And to me, the backgrounds are the best part of new characters.  :) 

We understand. I had little inspiration myself for my Champions games for about 2 months and only now is a little coming back.