12mm D3 suggestions?

sentry0

40 minutes ago, Toxxus said:

Chessex has some 6-sided dice that have 1,1,2,2,3,3 as the sides.  They might be 16mm, but they're only 50 cents.  There's a decent number to choose from.

Sadly, they all seem to be 16mm.  I can't locate a 12mm anywhere.

Thanks for pointing them out though.

18 hours ago, Killer Shrike said:

A company called Bescon makes a dedicated 3 sided die. They don't seem to have their own website, but they sell on amazon...https://www.amazon.com/Bescon-Polyhedral-3-sided-Gaming-Assorted/dp/B06XHF4Y6J

71rKOt36ZqL._SL1470_.jpg

KS, these are really cool. I've got D3 but it's simply a 6-sider with 1, 2, 3 on twice. This would definitely stand out as a half-die. Thanks for the info!

Have to admit, those bescons are sweet-looking little conversation pieces.  I've never been able to make myself spring for a d3 before--I usually toss a D4 and reroll any 4s  (too many people trying to game the "roll a D6 and then x" techniques), but I might have to pick up a three or four of those beson jelly-bean looking things.   

Nice find! 

Duke

28 minutes ago, Doc Democracy said:

Have you looked at these guys?  Never used them but they seem to suggest they will make what you want...price might be the question...

http://www.besconcn.com/engraving-dice/28671353.html

Bescon...same company as the D3...looks like they do have a web presence after all. Good find.

1 hour ago, Tech said:

KS, these are really cool. I've got D3 but it's simply a 6-sider with 1, 2, 3 on twice. This would definitely stand out as a half-die. Thanks for the info! 

Yeah, kaplow used to make a die like that; I'm sure other brands did to. I never bothered to pick any up as 1-2, 3-4, 5-6 works for me.

Also, these days, I've literally got a bucket of Fudge / Fate dice which can serve as a D3 as well (-:1 blank: 2, +: 3)

Related image

15 minutes ago, Ternaugh said:

Bescon looks like they're using a modified version of the old Gamescience d3: http://www.gamescience.com/D3--3-Sided-Dice_c_11.html

Good old Mr. Zocchi. I used to have a set of the crystal clear sharp pointed gamescience polyhedrals. They were beautiful. People literally stole them from me one at a time over the course of many years and now they are all gone. Damnedest thing.

Like this, but from back in the era when the d4's, d8's, and d10's were usable as lethal weapons...

Related image