Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

Bazza

2 minutes ago, Trencher said:

Its the nickname for the show runners. After the author left the show (or got squeezed out if my guess is right.) 

I think they are aiming towards the same ending like Xmen the last stand.

Neither. GRRM has too much on his plate to be active with GoT like he was in earlier seasons. That's it -- no big conspiracy. 

Also, X-Men Last Stand was an enjoyable film. I've enjoyed that far more than more highly rated ones. 

This last episode had the dragon vs. ballista combat go more like I thought it would.

Holy crap is Danny going overkill.  The scenes with the dragon sweeping back and forth over the city like some Diablo 3 player lawnmowing a map to get all the xp and gold possible was just nuts.

Like, You won an hour ago just leave some civilians to rule over!

The formation of a reluctant alliance of betrayers was pretty clear.  Jon Snow and Tyrion both realize she's too nutty to leave alive at this point.

Since Hound vs. Mountain didn't play out like I had hoped for my new wish list item for the gods of HBO is that Jon takes the throne by commanding Drogon to obey him.

Also, I want at least 1 scene were Jon gets absolutely immolated - preferably by dragon fire - and walks out unharmed.

1 hour ago, Iuz the Evil said:

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and her name that sat on him was Arya, and Hell followed with her. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

I thought of the same verse!

Whoo, boy, I just had a really twisted thought.

I just thought about how Jon was supposed to be the Ice in the song of ice and fire.  But, he's a Targaryen, so he's equally capable of being fire.

What if Arya kills Danny and Jon marries one of the Stark girls when he takes the throne?

Just now, Pattern Ghost said:

Jon's both. He's the song, really. Lyanna Stark was the Ice, and Rhaegar Targaryeon was the Fire.

That's a solid thought as well.  Perhaps, the entire story is that of Jon Snow and he alone is the Song of Ice and Fire.

That doesn't bode well for Daenerys.

A better episode than last week. Still, let me try and fix this:

• Daenerys' descent into madness:

Jon entered, and Daenerys dismissed Grey Worm in Valyrian.   "You say I am your queen, Jon. But the people of Westeros do not. I could have stayed in Meereen, instead I came to liberate them from rulers who exploit and murder them at every turn. But to them I am the foreign Dragon Queen, daughter of the Mad King, leading foreign armies to the shores of Westeros. So they refuse to overthrow Cersei. Tyrion says I am his queen, but how can I trust Cersei's brother? Varys says I am his queen, but how many rulers has he outlived? I could trust Missandei, and she..." She steadied herself, and turned on him. "I gave up my quest for the Iron Throne and flew north, I helped save Winterfell from the Night King, yet your people still hate me, and your sister refuses to bend the knee! What must I do, Jon, to earn their love?" Her expression hardened, the way he'd seen so many times. "Perhaps my father was not so mad after all."

• Drogon vs. Scorpions:

"Your Grace, Cersei has surrounded the city with scorpions," Tyrion pleaded. "Drogon is the last... you cannot risk him in an attack on King's Landing. You saw what happened to Rhaegal."

"I did," she admitted. "And Drogon and I saw them up close, after Rhaegal fell. They are deadly. They are also heavy, and clumsy. And they cannot be pointed directly upward. They can be destroyed from above."

• Cleganebowl:

The Mountain stepped back a pace, reaching up to remove the dagger from his eye socket. Behind and below him, King's Landing was a sea of fire. The Hound laughed. "You think you cannot be killed?" He gathered his legs beneath him. "I repaid you for my eye. But I still owe you for my face!" With a final heave, the Hound seized his brother in an embrace, and drove them both over the edge into the cleansing flames.

• Cersei:

"I just want to see our child born!" she wailed, and Jaime held her close as the Red Keep collapsed onto them.

But she did not die.

On her hands and knees, she choked and coughed; thick dust caked her throat and lungs. "Jaime--" she gasped, peering through the dust; somehow there was still light, somehow the lantern had not gone out. She tried to stand, but immediately hit her head on stone. She felt around her, horror dawning as she realized she was in a space little larger than a coffin. "Jaime!" she shrieked, panic rising in her voice. Frantically she looked for him, and then she saw it--Jaime's hand, his real hand, protruding out of the rubble. She screamed then, a real scream of pain and terror and loss, that dissolved into sobs as she held onto the dead hand. "Don't leave me here," she cried, "don't leave me here alone!" And then she stopped--a stabbing pain in her belly, one that she knew all too well, and the wetness between her legs. She would not die alone after all.

The lantern went out.

4 hours ago, Toxxus said:

Whoo, boy, I just had a really twisted thought.

I just thought about how Jon was supposed to be the Ice in the song of ice and fire.  But, he's a Targaryen, so he's equally capable of being fire.

What if Arya kills Danny and Jon marries one of the Stark girls when he takes the throne?

Wont happen. A draft has Jon & Arya as an item but that was dropped. 

Last nights episode seemed a bit patched together and I think the series ending was somewhat telegraphed, but man Dragon and Dragon Fire. WowI just sat back and enjoyed it. Dany learned that the Scorpions have a limited elevation, and went full AD-1Skyraider on them. Later, after Dany decided to burn the city, I noticed she was burning the windward edge of the city, allowing the wind to continue the work, leaving her free to collapse the Red Keep.   Cleganebowl was a bit short. But Sandor was truly overmatched, by a juiced undead. I will probably watch it. 

DBFD7B6A-7285-46C7-9AFF-38FEA0E96B3D.jpeg

2A8D0CCC-32DC-4A6C-BE8E-873861D5F536.png

38418C0B-79A1-4813-B74B-1681812AC438.jpeg

F2AF556A-58E8-48C1-83BC-D94135E73D93.jpeg

11 hours ago, Old Man said:
A better episode than last week. Still, let me try and fix this:

• Daenerys' descent into madness:

Jon entered, and Daenerys dismissed Grey Worm in Valyrian.   "You say I am your queen, Jon. But the people of Westeros do not. I could have stayed in Meereen, instead I came to liberate them from rulers who exploit and murder them at every turn. But to them I am the foreign Dragon Queen, daughter of the Mad King, leading foreign armies to the shores of Westeros. So they refuse to overthrow Cersei. Tyrion says I am his queen, but how can I trust Cersei's brother? Varys says I am his queen, but how many rulers has he outlived? I could trust Missandei, and she..." She steadied herself, and turned on him. "I gave up my quest for the Iron Throne and flew north, I helped save Winterfell from the Night King, yet your people still hate me, and your sister refuses to bend the knee! What must I do, Jon, to earn their love?" Her expression hardened, the way he'd seen so many times. "Perhaps my father was not so mad after all."

• Drogon vs. Scorpions:

"Your Grace, Cersei has surrounded the city with scorpions," Tyrion pleaded. "Drogon is the last... you cannot risk him in an attack on King's Landing. You saw what happened to Rhaegal."

"I did," she admitted. "And Drogon and I saw them up close, after Rhaegal fell. They are deadly. They are also heavy, and clumsy. And they cannot be pointed directly upward. They can be destroyed from above."

• Cleganebowl:

The Mountain stepped back a pace, reaching up to remove the dagger from his eye socket. Behind and below him, King's Landing was a sea of fire. The Hound laughed. "You think you cannot be killed?" He gathered his legs beneath him. "I repaid you for my eye. But I still owe you for my face!" With a final heave, the Hound seized his brother in an embrace, and drove them both over the edge into the cleansing flames.

• Cersei:

"I just want to see our child born!" she wailed, and Jaime held her close as the Red Keep collapsed onto them.

But she did not die.

On her hands and knees, she choked and coughed; thick dust caked her throat and lungs. "Jaime--" she gasped, peering through the dust; somehow there was still light, somehow the lantern had not gone out. She tried to stand, but immediately hit her head on stone. She felt around her, horror dawning as she realized she was in a space little larger than a coffin. "Jaime!" she shrieked, panic rising in her voice. Frantically she looked for him, and then she saw it--Jaime's hand, his real hand, protruding out of the rubble. She screamed then, a real scream of pain and terror and loss, that dissolved into sobs as she held onto the dead hand. "Don't leave me here," she cried, "don't leave me here alone!" And then she stopped--a stabbing pain in her belly, one that she knew all too well, and the wetness between her legs. She would not die alone after all.

The lantern went out.

That might've helped a bit.

Nobody takes the throne (isn't it buried?), Jon kills Dani and disappears (screw all you ruthless power hungry psychos) to 'go get warm' like he wanted to do a couple seasons ago after being resurrected.  That's my current ideal ending.

How about this: Sansa Stark is nearly killed and has a piece of metal stuck in her chest that will eventually kill her. With help from a friend, she obtains a magic talisman that keeps her alive and also gives her fantastic powers. Arriving in shiny new armor, she trashes all opposition and takes the Throne, gaining the nickname Iron Woman.

Too contrived?

5 minutes ago, Iuz the Evil said:

This. And her dragon too, of course. The fire breathing death machine is too dangerous to leave around, unless Jon can control it.

One possible outcome I see is Drogon obeying Jon instead of Daenerys since he is the rightful heir to the Targaryen throne.

Killing her with her own dragon would be brutal on multiple levels.