Convert V&V to Hero System

Tech

I have it in hard copy but in my opinion it wasn't very good for translation.  Some powers were at about 10-12DC and some were about 6DC.  The damage ratio was something like max damage/2 equal dice of damage.

Personally, I think it was better to use V&V as an inspiration point rather than a regulated translation.

I recall hanging on to that thing for a long time, thinking I might consider picking up some V&V stuff as it went on clearance at the FLGS (when we had one).  I never did, but I had a friend who did V&V (my first Champions GM was into _all_ Supers games.  I'm not complaining or making fun: Supers were his thing, the way Fantasy is for other folks, etc).

At any rate, i thought he might get more use out of it than me.  He used it to convert something on the order of three dozen published characters, then just tossed it.  His claim (I can't say for sure, never having done more than read first edition V&V at his place one night waiting to play "winner" on the Atari one night when we were retro gaming) was that it really did _not_ create accurate conversions. He said it worked within a particular power range (And no; I'm afraid I don't remember what it was), but above or below that it skewed way crazy off.

Like DS, above, I think you'd be better off-- if you want an accurate conversion, that is-- to learn the rules of both systems, the ups and downs, intricacies, etc.   However, the two systems are dissimilar enough even in how they deliver and defend against damage that I'm not sure getting a really accurate translation is possible.  Go for inspiration and artwork, then fill in where you want it to be in your campaign.  You can't go wrong with that.  :lol: