Call Me Beep Me--

wcw43921

I seem to remember there were more than a few Kim Possible fans around here back in the day--heck, Michael Surbrook wrote her up in HERO on his site.  So it should interest more than some around here that there is a live-action Kim Possible made-for-Disney movie coming this Saturday, and from what I see of the preview video--

it looks like a really good deal.  There's a scene at about 0:55 where Shego uses her energy blast power for flight--something I don't remember from the cartoons, but it's a neat trick.

The movie premieres this Saturday (2-16) at 8 PM ET/7 PM CT--time enough to plan a watch party, or set your Tivos/DVRs, or VHSs if you're really old school.  Or you could hire a team of artists to create detailed flipbooks.

That's the sitch, folks.  See you Saturday.

13 hours ago, wcw43921 said:

I seem to remember there were more than a few Kim Possible fans around here back in the day--heck, Michael Surbrook wrote her up in HERO on his site.  So it should interest more than some around here that there is a live-action Kim Possible made-for-Disney movie coming this Saturday, and from what I see of the preview video--

it looks like a really good deal.  There's a scene at about 0:55 where Shego uses her energy blast power for flight--something I don't remember from the cartoons, but it's a neat trick.

The movie premieres this Saturday (2-16) at 8 PM ET/7 PM CT--time enough to plan a watch party, or set your Tivos/DVRs, or VHSs if you're really old school.  Or you could hire a team of artists to create detailed flipbooks.

That's the sitch, folks.  See you Saturday.

I think Shego was always able to fly -- but only in short bursts. She's much more powerful than Drakken, and probably smarter too. They are very much the evil counterparts of Kim and Ron.

Took the family to a movie the other night and saw the trailer.  Glanced at daughter (who was a huge Kim Possible fan when she was little) and she giggled, and I thought "I have got to take her to see this, just for laughs."

Then I was glacing about the theater and noticing who else was interested and thought:

"Why do these people all look like pedophiles?"

No; I'm not saying "Kim Possible fans are Pedophiles."   But the handful of guys in the audience who were mesmerized by little kids in tight faux leather really gave that vibe.....

Told my daughter maybe we'd rent it. ;)

21 hours ago, bubba smith said:

the effects to crate Rufus may have cost too much so he was written out

13 hours ago, Ranxerox said:

You are right, of course, Rufus can't be crated.  He will always find a way to escape from any crate.

8 minutes ago, bubba smith said:

that was MEANT to read CREATE

But it's so much funnier as a typo.  :winkgrin:

On 2/13/2019 at 10:31 PM, Pattern Ghost said:

It's going directly to the Disney Channel, so if you have the channel, you can see it Friday (according to Wikipedia) or Saturday (according to the OP).

The actual premiere is Friday at 8 pm Eastern time on Disney Channel.  (My wife was watching something yesterday evening on Disney and they had a countdown going in the lower right corner of the screen.)

So we watched it ('we' included my two daughters who grew up watching Kim Possible).  They weren't overly impressed with the movie as a whole, though they feel that they absolutely nailed Ron and Shego, and the school's sign.  Drakken had his moments.  Kim was okay, but a bit of gratuitous use of grappling gun and acrobatic flips.  And it was too much the drama, IMO.